2520xl Boat Lift

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadrise36

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I'm in the final stages of purchasing a new 2520XL with F300, going to have a boat lift installed thinking 10,000lb capacity will be sufficient what do you folks think?

Thanks,
John

My 2019 2520XLD with twin 200s weighs in at 9880lbs on a two axle trailer with the standard issue equipment that came on the boat, Coast Guard gear, full fuel and full water and nothing else on board. The factory options I have (included in the weight) are refrigerator and stove top, upgraded seats with seaspension, windlass, 300' anchor rode, and electric over hydraulic trailer brakes. Take away the trailer weight. Add in all the other other things I have added since the weight in (fishing gear, drawers in the side ways facing seat, radar, solar panels, bean bags, bottom paint, house battery, rod holders, ect.) I'm guessing the wet weight now is around 8000lbs. without the trailer.

o i decided to finally put my boat on the scales today after putting the tower on and a second fuel tank. My Load Master trailer is rated at 9800 lbs. So i figured i was getting close.

Item Est Weight
Dry Hull Weight 5633
Twin 225 4's 1166
120 Gals of Fuel 744
3- 27 Series batts
22lb Delta Anchor
30' 1/4" Chain
300' 1/2" line
700 Lewmar Windlass
Folding tower with full controls and buggy top
6 Clarion 1625 6" Speakers
2 Poly Planar Undergunnel Speakers
2 Poly Planar 6 x 9s
Fortress fx 7 Anchor
15' Chain
50' Line
1 Captains Chair
1 Bench Seat
2/3 Bench Seat

No other gear on the boat. left it pretty light because i wanted to see how much the boat weighed pretty bare.

Boat and Trailer Weight 10160 lbs
Trailer Weight 1160 lbs
Boat Weight 9000 lbs
Truck Weight 8820
Time to Upgrade the Trailer.

viewtopic.php?t=6320

Upgrade now. That way you have the extra capacity if needed later. That comes from a guy who purchased a new 2520 and traded it in on a new 2820 6 months later. It would have been a Whole lot cheaper to do it right the first time.

2 quick thoughts:
1.) I would HIGLY recommend a 13K lift for your application. Brents math above is compelling itemization of weight that gets you very close if not over capacity.

2.) I try to stay at 90% capacity or less to minimize the stress on the equipment. The upgrade cost is minimal. The peace of mind is priceless.

2 quick thoughts:
1.) I would HIGLY recommend a 13K lift for your application. Brents math above is compelling itemization of weight that gets you very close if not over capacity.

2.) I try to stay at 90% capacity or less to minimize the stress on the equipment. The upgrade cost is minimal. The peace of mind is priceless.
The 10k cap lift was already bought and installed. Now waiting (5 weeks so far) on Electric install. Small projects always seem to expand in some way. If I need to upgrade the lift capacity in the future, I believe I can swap the motors to a 13k capacity, which may be the limit on this 4 pile system.

Last edited:
16,000 lbs will allow you to go to a 28, a Grady White Marlin or similar boat in the future.

The 10k cap lift was already bought and installed. Now waiting (5 weeks so far) on Electric install. Small projects always seem to expand in some way. If I need to upgrade the lift capacity in the future, I believe I can swap the motors to a 13k capacity, which may be the limit on this 4 pile system.
I have a 6-pile system, (because Robbie Hopkins Marine Construction/Belhaven is a 'class-act', and thought 6 pilings served better than four; my first lift, so I knew nothing about it). To upgrade the lift above our 10K capacity only requires a motor upgrade....
The cables, I-beams and such are the same...

Last edited:
I have a 6-pile system, (because Robbie Hopkins Marine Construction/Belhaven is a 'class-act', and thought 6 pilings served better than four; my first lift, so I knew nothing about it). To upgrade the lift above our 10K capacity only requires a motor upgrade....
The cables, I-beams and such are the same...
I didn't mean to infer that the piles are the controlling factor in the lift capacity, sorry for that. Does the manufacturer of your lift require 6 piles, or did your contractor decide that?

I didn't mean to infer that the piles are the controlling factor in the lift capacity, sorry for that. Does the manufacturer of your lift require 6 piles, or did your contractor decide that?
lol.... I didn't mean to infer 6 pilings was either! ☺
It was totally 'contractor-decided'. (I didn't know he was adding the two middle ones, until he was doing the installation). The lift company diagrams/papers shows a 4-piling set-up as being the 'standard'.... Robbie Hopkins Marine Construction has done a lot of work at our docks, and for many others in our area (boat-houses, bulkheads, piers, boat-lifts etc). He and his crew ALWAY exceed expectations!

Last edited:
Back