2520XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandMadeRods

Reaction score
Well, I finally got to pick up my new Parker today. Took it out for a sea trial, everything worked flawlessly. Not shown is an Offshore 55 gallon bait tank with tackle storage and rails on the bracket. I also had two extra batteries installed and two additional spreader lights on the tower. Love the boat!

Attachments

• front view resize.jpg
    front view resize.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 3,111
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 3,111
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 3,111
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 3,111
  • stereo remote resize.jpg
    stereo remote resize.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 3,111
  • dash view.jpg
    dash view.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 3,111
I didn't know they made 27" drop receivers? :D Got some lift on that truck???? :D

Combo looks great!!!! Best of luck with the new boat. :)

Sid,
It was made by Mariner Enterprises out here on the west coast. Might be a little far from you but if you want the number and address I can give it to you. Randy.

Ron,
We have Tops and Towers over here they do a good job. If you get a chance to take some detail pictures of the tower that would help me a lot on getting something designed. No hurry on those just when you get a chance. Thanks Sid

Very nice rig!! Any projects in the future?? I got my 2520XLD last July and lover her.

Attachments

• 101_0110_550.jpg
    101_0110_550.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,740
The boat is a classic beauty. Congratulations!

Now that truck... she is a beauty too! :D

Chrisn,
I'm still learning how to use everything. Just doing little stuff like mounting fire extinguishers, bait net, etc. I have plans of putting outriggers, downriggers and underwater lights in the future. I'd also like to mount an EPIRB as well. I'm just anxious to gets some quality fishing time on it.

I mounted two extinguishers. the first is directly behind the helm seat flush mounted to the starboard side passenger seat. The other is flush mounted on the front of the other seat next to the tacle station. I went with the Lees Junior 18' riggers with spreaders. They work well, but they must have plates on the inside for flexxing. I called Parker about mounting Rupps on top of the pilot house, but they didn't seem to like that idea too much. I recently saw some cool trim tab lights, but man were they expensive.....

What are those two gauges or whatever on your console down near the floor on the lower left side. Keep in touch and let me know how things go, there are not many 2520xld's out there and i am interested to hear how you like it.

Good Fishing!!!!!!! :twisted:

Chrisn,
The "gauges" is actually the Sony Marine stereo deck. I also have the remote mounted on the outside of the pilothouse on the starboard side (see pic). I mounted my extinguishers on the ledge directly behind the rear seats on each side. Easy to get to but out of the way.

I have a question for you. How much separation do you have between the hull and the bulkhead to your vberth? I have noticed a small separation on both sides, cm's but i want to know if you see the same thing. I gues in otherwords is your bulkhead flush to the hull in front of both helm seats?

Thx,

Chrisn

I think I understand what you asking. I'll look next time I'm over at the storage unit and let you know.

Congrats on the new boat, she looks sweet !!
I ran into a guy yesterday coming back from fishing oceanside (team hammer I think) he asked if I knew Randy who made custom rods and just got a Parker, maybe thats you do you make custom rods?

I fish mostly out of San Diego but live in Menifee. so anyway that is a great looking rig you got, I hope to see you on the water !

Frank

RandMadeRod,

Is it a lot of trouble getting an wide load permit for your 25 XLD?

OT

Farout,
Yep, Team Hammer is a good friend of mine. In fact, we are going out on his Grady tomorrow. He's got two brand new rods to try out.

OT,
No trouble at all. I contacted "On-Time Permits" and they did everything for me. Piece of cake, really. I put the wide load banner down under the boat on the rear side of the trailer and the red flags on each side I threaded through a bungie cord which are alongside the transom straps. Works perfect and doesn't look dorky or anything. A snap to take off and on.

Randy.

Back