2540 dual console fuel capacity

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just keep swimming

Reaction score
Hello all-
I’m trying to figure out the entire fuel capacity/ readouts for my 2019 2540... Not that it matters in this case, but I have 2 x 200 yamahas. Still- i thought, as this is my first boat- that the fuel gauge would/should be automatic like a car... i have assumed that my dealer screwed up the electronics and therefore, while I should NOT need to enter in fuel every time i fill up, i still have to the decimal. My question- the spec sheet and Robin (Parker, amazing brand ambassador)- say 163 is the capacity.... but my dealer- again- not sure they are that good at setting the electronics- had the tank at 136 gallons. Any advice? I’m also wondering- do you fill up the tank before winterization or empty it?

In the cockpit thee should be pieholes in the deck......If it's a single tank it will be on the centerline.....If it's dual tanks they will be off the centerline of the boat. OPEN the piehole...Look at the Capacity plate beside the sending unit on top of the tank......You ALWAYS have to enter fuel added......It's NOT a car.

Back