• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

25ft Bertram with single 225hp OB- $4800

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captbone

Reaction score
Hello Classicparker. I am a long time lurker but dont post much and the love a sheltered pilothouse is what made my fall in love with this boat. I always had plans of adding a second station below for the fall strip bass but it just never happened. This boat has a ton of potential.

Boat is located on the South Shore of Long Island, NY and the price is $4800.

It’s the middle of the season and looking back, I realize that I did not use my boat enough. With two small children, I realize that it is not going to get any more use most likely for at least 3 years. We have 17 Whaler that we use for just putting up and down the canals. Obviously it is not the best time to sell a boat but I figure I would make an attempt and if I could get my price, I would let it go. If not then I will put it away until next season. The boat is not perfect by any means and does need some work. It is almost 50 years old but has a lot of life left in it. I would say overall it is a 5/10 in condition because of the paint. All of the work is mostly cosmetic interior paint. It is a solid glass Bertram with legendary construction.

I am open to any input via email or PM. Please use that as the primary mean of contacting me. Thank you for looking at my ad.

SPECS

1967 25ft Bertram Flybridge Sportfishman Mark II converted to a single 1998 225hp Mariner Optimax. No trailer.

Cruise at 23-25mph and tops out over 38mph but I have seen 41mph with just me. It gets 2.5mpg+ at cruise. It has to be one of the driest riding 25ft boats out on the market simply because the spray breaks behind the pilothouse and trim/tabs allow you to plant the bow or raise it way up. It is a great riding boat.

1025+ hours on the engine. 1998 Optimax Mariner 225hp XXL 30 inch. The engine is tired but still runs sort of. It comes with plenty of spare parts including alternator, compressor, direct air injectors and fuel rails but the engine is on its last legs. I have been milking it to get it to run for the past 2 years but #5 cylinder is down on compression and it stalls sometimes when shifting. I get it to work and we never go far but it is ready to be put out to pasture. I would not count on it lasting very long. It does start and can move the boat but dont want to give anyone false hope. Prop is a 15pich Mercury Enertia with no nicks in great condition. Single Mercury tach at dash. Newer lower unit and trim assembly.

SS Fuel filter and two Moller 12 gallon fuel tanks. I never reinstalled a permanent fuel tank and I like the smaller tanks as we never went far and it helped me manage fuel use.

3 season old Lenco trim tab actuators on Bennett blades with Bennett switch.

8D diesel battery new this year. Electrical system is just a basic color Garmin depth sounder (3 years old) and an older standard horizon VHF radio. Running lights are LED and 3 years old. One 2000gph Rule bilge pump. That is all the electric on board. Keep it simple.

I purchased the boat roughly 7 years ago. It was stored indoors and owned by an older gentleman who did not use it. I brought it home and stripped it down to a bare hull and started the restoration process. I did all the work myself and tried to overbuild the entire hull.

Soda blasted the bottom down to bare glass. Sanded entire bottom and applied 5 coats of Interprotect in alternating colors. It has two layers of hard bottom paint and then I have been using ablative ever since.

Sanded down the whole hull, primed and painted with Interlux Perfection Fighting Lady Yellow. It was rolled and tipped but looks very good in my opinion.

New two piece Taco SS rubrail with SS fasteners and 5200 in place.

The hull from the rubrail down is the best part of the boat and it does not need much at all.

All of the thru hulls and openings in the boat have been filled in. I used epoxy, mat and 1708 with at least 20 layer over any opening in the hull. I went so overboard so I would never have to worry about it. Hull is in overall good shape.

The interior has been gelcoated and then painted over with Perfection. I was so excited to test the boat and use it that I figured that I would do it along the way but never got to it. I have been using the boat and just ran out of steam to finish the interior. It has two bench seats and no cushions. A basic day boat.

Here are the pictures and I am happy to talk about it.

I have seen 41mph with a very light fuel load and just myself on GPS. Fuel burn is about 2.4mpg at reasonable cruising speed 3400-4000rpm at 24-28mph depending on load.

I have fished 6 men with 80 gallons of fuel and it still planes and runs fine. Normal cruise is 24mph and top 38mph.

I expect to take a deposit tomorrow but it is not sealed yet.

I've always admired your boat- watched it on the hull truth. Sorry you're selling her as I know how much time love and money you've dedicated to her. Someday I'd like to have that very hull w single OB and fly bridge.... You did a great job. Someone's getting a lot of boat for short money!

Thanks Doc. That means a lot. I always enjoyed your posts and insight on CM as well.

I tentatively sold it yesterday on ebay and hope to close the deal this week.

I honestly do think that I may own another 25 Bertram again at some point in my life. I started the project when I was 25 years old and learned a ton of things about the hull and made several changes over the years. Being older and having kids has changed my priorities and I would like to take more people out on the boat and need a bathroom for my wife/daughter.

Funny side note: I had just closed on my new boat yesterday morning (31 Ocean Master) and was so nervous about having 2 large boats at the same time. When I got home I had that offer awaiting me in email for the bertram.

These are great old boats. A few years ago I had a 25 Sport Utility with twin 4 cyl Volvo stern drives. Not super fast but very economical on fuel. I made many Gulf Stream trips out of SE North Carolina on her and would only burn 70-75 gal of gas on an overnight trip. Mine was a 1962 model and is still being used by a friend who bought it after I traded it for a new engine for my Parker 21SE.
Someone buying this one and adding a new modern engine will be in for a treat!
Dave

Thanks. She sold on Monday and is now in Maryland. Keep an eye out for her in light blue. My new boat is a 31 Ocean Master arriving next week.

Latest posts

Back