2801 woth Twin F300's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatdrinks

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm considering a 2801 with twin f300's. Does anyone here have one and want to share an opinion? She looks like a battleship. Definitely one of the biggest 28's out there. Does anyone trailer this boat regularly? I'll be using her mainly for inshore striper fishing with a couple tuna/dolphin/white marlin trips a year. Thanks for any input.

I have one. Proportionately just like their 23DV model only the boat is longer and wider with an extra motor. The engines put out an insane amount of power/torque. Maybe even too much but I am not complaining.

Fuel economy is outstanding 3500rpm 35 mph 2.1 mpg compared to a heavily loaded 23DV getting 2.2-2.4 mpg at the same speed.

Like any DV Parker they will ride a little bow happy until you install a Permatrim which really shines in a twin engine application.

There is a lot of room between the console and the gunwale cap which is great when you have a few people aboard who are moving about. Great for night fishing as well.

If you need to cover a lot of ocean quickly and safely the 28 DV Parker hull will get the job done.

I trailer to the local ramps and to the FL Keys on a regular basis. An F150 was not up to the task. Ford F250 gets it done.

Launch and recover solo on occasion. Easy enough depending on the ramp.

grouperjim":1xcz48f7 said:
I have one. Proportionately just like their 23DV model only the boat is longer and wider with an extra motor. The engines put out an insane amount of power/torque. Maybe even too much but I am not complaining.

Fuel economy is outstanding 3500rpm 35 mph 2.1 mpg compared to a heavily loaded 23DV getting 2.2-2.4 mpg at the same speed.

Like any DV Parker they will ride a little bow happy until you install a Permatrim which really shines in a twin engine application.

There is a lot of room between the console and the gunwale cap which is great when you have a few people aboard who are moving about. Great for night fishing as well.

If you need to cover a lot of ocean quickly and safely the 28 DV Parker hull will get the job done.

I trailer to the local ramps and to the FL Keys on a regular basis. An F150 was not up to the task. Ford F250 gets it done.

Launch and recover solo on occasion. Easy enough depending on the ramp.

Thanks Jim. Those fuel numbers are impressive. I didn't think that was attainable. The 3/4 ton is enough truck to tow her?

Back