2nd Station for 2520 - need parts list

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MayoChad

Reaction score
Hey, Fellas,

Based on all the great input everyone offered on my previous post about a 2nd station, I planning to proceed with this project over the winter.

I wondered if anyone could help me out with a parts list. I'm gonna follow Megabyte's suggestion and try and run the parts down myself and then have an experienced mechanic do the install.

If it helps, the boat is an '03 2520 XL powered by an '03 Yamaha F225. It has a SeaStar hydraulic steering unit.

Best,

Chad

The three biggest items will be the SeaStar helm unit, a pair of Morse engine controls, and the fiberglass base to mount everything with.

The 'minor' items will be the control cables, motor trim control, start and stop buttons (for the rear), a rear station dead man switch, and the associated tees and other fittings for the SeaStar steering.

Morse controls and cables can be found here:
http://www.seamar.com/mengine.html

SeaStar helm pumps can be found here:
http://www.boatersland.com/ssthelmpumps.html
Remember that you will also need a 13" wheel for the rear.

The fiberglass base can be sourced from Parker, or you might try contacting one of the many local boat builders. These things are pretty plentiful and are made by (almost) everyone.

It took me two seasons to put all of my gear together, but it need not take that long.
All of the parts are readily available locally. :wink:

Image-C091835C0FE011DC.jpg

I just went thru all of this and my second station is done minus the electrical hookup. I went to a Parker dealer and ordered the whole thing minus the Fiberglass mount as I was able to purchase one very cheap that had a small ding in the upper corner which I repaired. You need the on and off switch, wiring harness, morse controls (2 sets, 1 for inside and 1 for outside), Seastar Helm (I had to buy 2 because the one inside was not compatible for the dual station), Steering Wheel, wire grommet for going thru the bulkhead, Trim Switch, Ignition Switch w/ Lanyard and Shutdown, hinges and latches for the mounting of the Fiberglass Station. Above I said I bought 2 helms but someone on this site later told me that the one I had may have been okay to use. I can't think of anything else but I found it was easier to just order the entire thing. It was around $1,500 I think. It is not hard to install but I am leaving the Harness hookup to the dealer to install

Attachments

• SANY0073 (Small).JPG
    SANY0073 (Small).JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 546
MayoChad":vqqyg1yg said:
Hey, Fellas,

Based on all the great input everyone offered on my previous post about a 2nd station, I planning to proceed with this project over the winter.

I wondered if anyone could help me out with a parts list. I'm gonna follow Megabyte's suggestion and try and run the parts down myself and then have an experienced mechanic do the install.

If it helps, the boat is an '03 2520 XL powered by an '03 Yamaha F225. It has a SeaStar hydraulic steering unit.

Best,

Chad
Hi, did my own second helm, plywood box with glass over and painted. Used a Yamaha single control, so to only have to think about one thing.
Teleflex says not to cut fluid lines for steering, but I did and Tee off of them. Saved some money. Just take them to a guy who does hydralics and have fittings put on. Make sure to use the teleflex Tee fittings, some compression fittings are not deep enough for the nuts to tighten up. Here's a pic. 2000 2520 05 300hp Yamaha.

Attachments

• Ben 001.jpg
    Ben 001.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 516
Seastar helm - $450
Seastar hoses - $150
4 bottles Seastar fluid - $80
(2) Morse Twin SR controls - $550
(1) Neutral start switch for above - $35
(1) Set Morse to Yummie OB connections - $35
(2) Cole-Hersee momentary switch for tower, 1 START, 1 STOP - $50
2 short Teleflex Xtreme cables to tower - $60