300 yam

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300 Verado specified at 638 lbs, maybe a little more for an XL shaft .

Maybe the largest "black anchor" of all. I'm no Merc fan, LOL, but they obviously hold some appeal. They don't belong on a Parker though, nuh, uhhh, or any fishing boat for that matter. Except for maybe go-fast tourney types who go through motors like a hot knife through butter.

Competition keeps everyone honest, lots of good choices and good information today.

E-Tec 300 even lighter than Verado ....

Fishinfireman":3lvv34n8 said:
I hope to have some numbers on the 300 Zuke by the end of the week. I will post them asap.

I checked on the F350 for my 2520DV notch and Parker engineers advised against it. Too much torque in one spot. The F250 is the best Yamaha option for me but I really want more power without the extra weight. The Suzuki DF300 seems to be the best choice for me.

Was told by my dealer that they will not repower with the F-350 unless the boat was made for the F-350. It must be installed at the factory. Apparently they beef up the transom or do some other mods to handle the increased torque.

Dave

aka

PaulH / Emily S":3h93858h said:
Maybe the largest "black anchor" of all. I'm no Merc fan, LOL, but they obviously hold some appeal. They don't belong on a Parker though, nuh, uhhh, or any fishing boat for that matter. Except for maybe go-fast tourney types who go through motors like a hot knife through butter.

Here I thought Mercs were for people who fished their boats and yamahas powered fishing boats used for cruising :lol:

parker_wl_large_181.jpg

Back