3rd Annual Classicparker Raft-up, Photos #1

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Well folks... the 3rd annual CP Rendezvous raft-up was held under beautiful blue skies, low humidity, and light winds (for the most part) on 09 August, and what an event it was...! :)

Please... If I have the caption to your boat wrong, let me know so I can fix it
It's tough trying to get the photos and my notes to come together. :)

My crew of Jim, Brad, Dale, MJ and I cast off from the dock at 1030 and motored out to the Bay for a little cruise before we set the hook for the day.

On our way out, we met CP member Porkchunker coming into the area, so we spun around and caught up with Dave... We had him follow us back into the creek and had him stand off until we had the hook set.

As we were setting the hook, a sailboat was coming out of the creek with one of the loudest power plants i'd ever heard. One of the people on the sailboat was yelling to his shipmates and telling them about the "dumbass stinkpot dropping anchor in the channel".

I'm looking around me and verified that I was well to the north of the channel, and watched as the sailboat passed to my stbd side... in very shallow water.

Of course, this is where local knowledge comes in handy. I yelled to the sailboat and pointed to my port side and told him that if he didn't change course, he would run aground.

At that point, the guy on the sailboat cursed us to no end and apparently could not hear my warnings over the sound of his motor.
So... the only thing for me to do was to tell my crew to "watch this" as I grabbed my camera.

Notice the red marker... The mental midget is attempting to pass to the left of the red mark... on the way out of the creek.
It was no suprise to us when the moron ran aground.

DSCN0001.JPG

That was the beginning to our picture perfect day! :lol:

Once we had the hook set, Porkchunker slid up in Tinas Diamond.

DSCN0005.JPG

Next in is PianoPlayer in Finale.

DSCN0012.JPG

Next up is Goinsfishin in Sandpiper with Joe-the-boat-dog.
8)

DSCN0015.JPG

And then our first CC... the 23 SE of member J.A.Veil.

DSCN0017.JPG

Next up is Jim, Rita, and Leslie in La Belle Pesche, our only 2120 of the day.

DSCN0018.JPG

... to be continued in part 2. :wink:

Back