4 blade and Cobra plate

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddahB

Reaction score
Switching from a 3 blade 17 to 4 blade powertech 17 pitch. Have a Cobra plate on there now and has served me well. Question is, does anyone run a four blade with the plate or do you think I will get enough stern lift and can eliminate it. I'd rather take it off while the boat is still out of the water if I'm going to do it. Would the plate adversely affect the performance of the 4 blade prop do you think?? :roll: Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• boat led 001.jpg
    boat led 001.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 184
I had a permatrim with a 4 blade Rev 4. (07, 2320, F250)

I removed the permatrim because I felt it had to much stern lift and would pound.

Without the permatrim it rides lower in the water and does not pound as much.

But as always YMMV.

Holes are already drilled and it is mounted.

I'd leave it on for a few test runs before making the decision.

I have a Cobra plate on each of my twin F-115s. Those plates lift the transom and give the smallish OEM trim tabs the ability to push the bow down.

The plate can be removed almost anytime. I've backed my boat into a ramp, lifted the motors, then waded in to remove a prop and remove 110' of fly line. Once you are in the water and decide you want to remove the plate, pick a quite ramp on a workday and back the boat in, wade in, and remove the plate.

Dave

Buddah B. I just ordered a mercury revolution 4 17 pitch prop for my 25se. I have a 4 stroke 250. What hole is recommended for proper height of the engine? I am getting the prop from Jacos marine with the hub kit for $484.

Voyager, with a bracket, up two holes and one from the top seems to be the ticket for me. Good Luck...

Back