A few ?s about mounting radar on a 2120sc

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micheal J

Reaction score
OK I'm a newbe to the site so I'm reading through some of the posts about mounting radar on the 2120 sc.
I want to be sure I'm getting this in my head right.
I'm thinking of getting the dome mount of about 10'' for a furuno.Now does anyone know if I need to mount it w/some kind of angle type shim,or can I mount it flush on the mount.I plan on mounting it a little forward of center where that raised section is on the hard top.I'm assuming that is a chase area for wireing,and I can get the cable in through that area to make it cleaner.
Also I would like to know if I'm going to need to raise my exsisting GPS antenna above the dome,and if so by how far?
I know there are alot of smart folks out there that could have these answers for me
Thanks in advance for any help w/this.
MJ.

you can mount it flat, although i would recommend shimming it. at plane, the dome will be level with the water, and when off plane, it will still give you a good picture. otherwise, if you mount it level, on plane the beam can actually shoot over small targets. and yes, you will have to raise the gps antenna, preferably well above the radar array. im sure someone can gove you a better measurement. but thats the jist of it. :wink:

Back