A first class presentation of the 3420

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
got a chance today to crawl around on the 3420 at the Ft Lauderdale boat show. after reading negative/positive posts here on CP about the 3420, i wanted to check it out for myself.

after taking a guided tour, bow to stern, compliments of Linwood and Robin, i have to say the 3420 is an incredible vessel. pictures just do not convey the scope of the boat, nor the quality and refinement/fit/finish.

i understood that this was hull #4 and there had been a few upgrades and minor interior changes from the original hull. considering all the comments made here, i tried to look at the boat from both a hardcore fishing and also a cruising/fishing perspective. i honestly could not come up with a single negative about the design or layout, especially from a cruising/fishing perspective. the cockpit is still hose and go, but the new cabin flooring and leather helm chair along with dinette seating and huge bathroom complete w/mirror, offered a comfortable and family friendly shelter from the environment. a small family would be very comfortable going out for an overnight or a long weekend.

although it was a hike to get to the roof top rod holders, i believe a tower of some sort is in the works which will make access much easier. another feature and long overdue for you guys that have to keep your boat out in the wx, is the now matching powder coated diamond sea glaze window frames and upgraded heavy duty wipers. the wiper motors on the inside are also finished with a nice housing cover.

this boat is first class all the way. although the price tag is much more than i would pay for a boat, i would some day love to get an open water ride and feel the response of the those two V8 motors.

on the flip side, and from a hardcore fishing point of view, which is what i do about 80 percent of the time; i think it would be cool to have a second version of the hull which would be devoid of leather and designed to accommodate a crew of filthy, bloody, smelly fisherman, or a six pack operator doing charters. in my mind, both versions, dressed up and dressed down, would be popular with boaters with distinctly different needs. 8) 8)

Once you see this boat in person, it really does make an impression. :wink:

Case in point. They certainly do listen to a website dedicated to their product. I for one am thrilled to see some of these changes like the helm seat, interior decking (true sole would be nice), and especially the rear control setup. I have now seen pictures and video of at least three different models, but i still haven't seen one in person. Soon i hope. Now if they can just do something about the banquette and rear facing bench seat inside. That FREE FLOATING BACK IS, as i have said, AWFUL!!

i think Parker would be willing to fly you first class to the next boat show just so you can see it in person just to shut you up. :lol:

optimaxfish":3k59anai said:
grouperjim":3k59anai said:
i think Parker would be willing to fly you first class to the next boat show just so you can see it in person just to shut you up. :lol:

in that case, I don't like it either. im available for the miami boat show :lol:

oooh! oooh! count me in too! i complained about this boat! :D :lol: :lol:

i think Parker would be willing to fly you first class to the next boat show just so you can see it in person just to shut you up.

Oh WOW! I just don't know whaaat to wear Maybe my paisley windbreaker, or perhaps a sky blue terrycloth jump suit! :shock: Either way I will make sure to pack a fiberglass kit and a nice piece of teak to make a proper passenger console.....oh and another helmseat. :lol:

Do you guys think they'll build a 34' CC or WA? Methinks they may in a couple of years......after BHO cleans up the White House and sends out all the stimulus checks. I can't wait till he starts making my boat payments. I'm going to try to put another deer in the freezer this weekend, just in case...Good fishing!

steve j":1lootzj2 said:
Do you guys think they'll build a 34' CC or WA? Methinks they may in a couple of years......after BHO cleans up the White House and sends out all the stimulus checks. I can't wait till he starts making my boat payments. I'm going to try to put another deer in the freezer this weekend, just in case...Good fishing!

my gut reaction would be NO on the CC or WA. the PH is the Parker flagship, however Parker listens to their fans and i am sure if there was a demand for a design other than a 34 in a PH, they would consider it.

i do have to say one thing after thinking about the price of the Parker 34 compared to a comparably equipped Grady or the like that i looked at in FTL.......the quality and solidness of the hull of the Parker just seemed so much more substantial compared to others and less money to boot.

We'd be happy to take constructive criticism from those who have actually been on the boat and/or have operated the boat so we can incorporate ideas that will improve the product for other Parker customers. Pictures on a website really does not give you a true feel for the boat and its layout.

BoatGirl":1z96gpye said:
We'd be happy to take constructive criticism from those who have actually been on the boat and/or have operated the boat so we can incorporate ideas that will improve the product for other Parker customers. Pictures on a website really does not give you a true feel for the boat and its layout.

ill be sure to take you up on that after the AC show :D . the 34 gonna be there?

Yikes! Builder Alert! Honestly I have not been on the boat, but I hope to within the next few months. From my experience I still would say that the banquette setup may lead to some problems simply because of the lack of structural integration from the windshield to the seat back. Just my opinion, but i have been around for awhile. I gaurantee that rigidity in that area will be better then flex.

pelagic2530 we would love to hear what you think after boarding the boat. There is a 3420 XLD Sport Cabin that will be leaving for NJ next week. We are planning for the 3420 XLD Sport Cabin to be at the AC show. Linwood Parker is scheduled to work that show and he encourages everyone to bring their ideas. He has been building boats of varioius sizes for a while and loves the challenge of incorporating new ideas that will enhance the boat.

Back