A Parker I'd like to see...and buy.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
A 28' EXTENDED pilothouse with two captain's chairs in the main cabin, a dinette on one side, a kitchenette on the other AND a stand-up head/shower below.

AND a straight diesel. No steenkin' I/O. A nice, 350-horse straight diesel.
And a small diesel genny.

I'd buy one.

Here ya' go .. same hull as my next boat:

28Underwaysm.jpg

as I too want a 28' with dinette, stand-up head, and more ammenities ... but I don't want no stinkin' OB power!

Heck, I'de take one with twin gas inboards.

But, I wonder if Parker relies on the weight of the outboards to get the bow up properly thus making an inboard(s) impossible?

I don't believe so, because I had a ride in a 28-foot diesel powered inboard, and it had no problems planing. It was a jack-shaft equipped I/O.

DaleH":24t2twk3 said:
Here ya' go .. same hull as my next boat:

28Underwaysm.jpg

as I too want a 28' with dinette, stand-up head, and more ammenities ... but I don't want no stinkin' OB power!

That's a pretty boat. What is it?

ScoopsAhoy":1pfmv9bp said:
28' Albin Tourmament Express

Not true “downeast” lines, but more of British Isle “North Sea” heritage, with a touch of trawler lines in her.

* Reliable diesel power, 300hp to 370hp
* Full skeg protection for running gear
* 7-8 MPG @ 6 knots trolling/headway speeds
* 3-4 MPG @ 20 knot cruise, less with more power
* Used models ’99 vintage or older, asking only $75K
* Bow thruster = standard equipment
* Has great fishing & cabin amenities
*THE “Best Handling” boat ever tested by Powerboat Reports tests

New ~$150K. FWIW when Powerboat Reports tested this boat, they crusied @ 22 knots, but when coming back from Block Island to Newport, RI they ran into honest 8' seas and were able to maintain a 16 knot heading. Adding to that, they opined it was THE BEST handling boat that they have ever tested!

Now, if Parker would put an diesel I/O via a jackshaft into their 28' hull ... then I could customize it myself.

Attachments

• Underway.jpg
    Underway.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Tuna-Door.jpg
    Tuna-Door.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Galley to V-Berth.jpg
    Galley to V-Berth.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,456
  • V-Berth.jpg
    V-Berth.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Head.jpg
    Head.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Roll-Up-Canvas.jpg
    Roll-Up-Canvas.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Underway3.jpg
    Underway3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,455
B-Faithful":27tojaf0 said:
Dale, they also make it with a level deck now too.
Yup, said that ... the flush deck version. You know what? I don't want that version. I grew up on a true Southport downeast lobsterboat and loved the engine box! We used it as a table for dining, resting spot for sun worshipping, and gear place for when fishing. Best part is, easier access to motor and accessory systems.

Any idea what the draft is on that Albin? I've seen a few of them down here on west FL coast but our water is so skinny, that a skeg can be a pain.

Sure is pretty though. Still I like the idea of a closed cabin, like the Parker.

DaleH":1anixu6y said:
ScoopsAhoy":1anixu6y said:
28' Albin Tourmament Express

Not true “downeast” lines, but more of British Isle “North Sea” heritage, with a touch of trawler lines in her.

Now, if Parker would put an diesel I/O via a jackshaft into their 28' hull ... then I could customize it myself.

Parker did make a diesel I/O 28-footer with a jackshaft in the 28' hull. I went out on her on a really bad day and the boat rode beautifully. It was a prototype, and the diesel and jackshaft hadn't been sound-deadened much, so the power train was noisy as hell.

The Albin is a much more civilized boat on the interior.

DaleH":3tnj7380 said:
We used it as a table for dining, resting spot for sun worshipping, and gear place for when fishing.

Screw that. Put some bar stools around it and mount a polished brass pole right in the center for the "crew" to use!!!! :D :D :D

underway_850.jpg

gw204":3e1a87j1 said:
DaleH":3e1a87j1 said:
We used it as a table for dining, resting spot for sun worshipping, and gear place for when fishing.

Screw that. Put some bar stools around it and mount a polished brass pole right in the center for the "crew" to use!!!! :D :D :D

underway_850.jpg

you read my mind :lol: :lol: :lol: does she come with it?? :shock: 8) :lol:

Back