a thought about rocket launchers...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefman

Reaction score
I just finished my first season in my 2120 sc. Love the boat. My thought for a winter project is to reverse the rocket launcher so it is forward facing. With two guys casting lures in the back I had maybe a half dozen times where somebody snagged one of the rods in the launcher, usually during the excitement of a blitz when caution goes out the window. Seems like I could pick up at least a foot or so of additional space just by spinnig the launcher 180 degrees and have the rods face the bow. Might look odd but will probably save me a rod tip or to eventually. Anyone ever see or do this?

I have never seen it before but would this make it tough to get them down / put them back up?

I personally would be hesitant

Like bryan said if the running angle of the boat makes the rods perpendicular to the sea and you hit a good wave you would definately have a better possibility of losing them. What if you added more rod holders along the sides of the cabin so that way on days you knew you were out casting you could put the rods there. Or tell the maniacs you fish with to pay more attention. I have seen where people put a bungee around the reels so they dont bounce out of the rod holders which might be an option if you do switch them to face forward.

good point about forward momentum launching a rod overboard. Also sorry to say I'm one of the maniacs who is causing the problem. Hopefully with a season under the belt it won't be an issue next year.

Back