A "V-8" Rated Movie Just For...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1050 horsepower! :shock:
That is Tim the Toolman cool! 8)

Unfortunately, I have two problems...
1.) My hull is only rated for 335 hp
2.) I don't have that kind of money to spend. :(

gw204":1jjjs366 said:
Those things sound cool as sh*t!!!! :)

I was suprised at how quiet they were. :shock:
The wind noise is higher than the sound of the 3 outboards.

Megabyte":25el07hv said:
I was suprised at how quiet they were. :shock:

"suprised how quiet..." really? suprised? huh? The're Yamahas
Ever wonder why Yamaha owners don't mind changing oil once or twice a year? Now you know. :wink:

As far as that link to the raggedy sounding OMC's...sounds like something the Oilers had in Water World. :shock: :lol:

FishFactory":7blcp7d0 said:
As far as that link to the raggedy sounding OMC's...

Those OMC's sound better than HPDI's of comparable HP...

"Sir, listed below are the charges incurred during your rebuild. We accept Visa, Mastercard, etc...." :D

Pretty cool. However, I cannot wait to see how they will stack up compared to the the new Verado 300. A buddy has 3 275's that sound pretty sweet! (and he outruns the same model boat with Yam 300's 8) )

See here for her running on the pins (64mph on a 36' boat) :twisted:

http://media.putfile.com/64

http://media.putfile.com/on-the-pins-on-glass

Of course OptiMaxes are the benchmark of power. If you like to hear power, they sound pretty good too. A pair of 225 Optis on a 31 Fountain sound good too... :wink:

http://media.putfile.com/Trip-Out-The-Stream

B-Faithful":2riso9xr said:
Of course OptiMaxes are the benchmark of power.

Sorry B, but the benchmark of power will never hang off a transom. It will always sit comfortably down in the bilge, inhale through hull mounted dorade boxes and exhale through an exhaust port 12" in diameter! :D

There is a 40 Robbins in my creek with a single John Deere 300 nestled into the hull.
When the owner pulls out of the slip and bumps the throttle, the turbo spools up and she sounds sooooooo sweet. 8)

Yamaha continues to dominate the outboard world. Maybe not the fastest, maybe not the leanest. Simply the best ........

Suzuki lost all their thunder when the Yami F350 came out, they are simply not tooled up to deal with the Yami PR/marketing machine, or dealer support network, or major OEM partnerships.

My F250 on my 2520DVSC is tits (so far anyway) !

Ever wonder why Yamaha owners don't mind changing oil once or twice a year? Now you know.

Looks like a PITA to work on. Look how close they are together.
I understand the limit's of room to mount them, but still a PITA to work on.

My 2- DF-140's are on 28in centers. If I did it again it would be on 30in.
It's doable,but would be easier to work on the STB side of the Port motor.

{quote]Suzuki lost all their thunder when the Yami F350 came out, they are simply not tooled up to deal with the Yami PR/marketing machine, or dealer support network, or major OEM partnerships. [/quote]

Who told you that? :(
Suzuki has always been a little slower to bring stuff out. Taking their time to test & test & test & test to hit the market with a trusted product.

This F350 is just a push in the HP wars.

How quickly people forget the way Yamaha treated people with the 2004 HPDI 250's & 300's.
not so much the fact that there was a problem. [that's bad enough] But the way they treated customers like there was no problems. :(

Now go do a comparison of some smaller 4 stroke motors.

Yamaha has less gear ratio, swings a smaller prop and alt puts out less amperage for the never ending add on electronics.

You are obviously a Yamaha fan. I do own one. A 98' C-90 that has been VERY good to me, but it's a whole different animal than were talking here.

What a credit to Yamaha...every (perceived) problem they ever had can be listed in one paragraph. :wink:

Leader in Marine power?

1. Who has had fly by wire controlls since before 2004?
2. Who offers top rated 2 stroke DFI and 4 Stroke outboards, inboard, and i/o power (gas and diesel)
3. Who offers cutting edge technology like super charging in both inboard and outboard power
4. Who was the first to offer electronic engine guages
5. Who is providing consumers with the best selection of propellers
6. Who has the largest nationwide dealer/service network system

Being that this is a Parker board, I see Yam lack of power offerings as a huge down fall for the brand. It is ashame, that a 175 or 4 cylinder 200 isnt offered for the 21'er line as the f200 is heavy and anemic and the heavy 21'er is marginal with a F150. A zuke 175, Etec 200, Merc (opti or verado) 175 or 200, 4 cylinder 200 verado would be great on the 21's. It is also ashame that there isnt a reliable 300 for the 23'er as the weight and cost of new F350 makes one almost better to go with twins.

As far a Zuke getting it right the first time, I must say that the 3 ecm updates where the entire computer needed replacing wasnt good for the start of the Big block zukes.. Their marginal dealer network is also a detriment ito owning one.

I know Merc had many issues with the race to release the first DFI 2 stroke. However, I also believe that many lessons were learned by all manufacturers at this time. Because of it all motor manufacturers are making better products. I guess it depends on what you are looking for that gives you perspective to who is the leader. They all have their strong suits. Still Merc rules :lol:

As far a Zuke getting it right the first time, I must say that the 3 ecm updates where the entire computer needed replacing wasnt good for the start of the Big block zukes..

I agree, but they didn't screw around and changed them fast.

Only ever heard of one problem quoted with blowing the cowling off.
Operator error?

Their marginal dealer network is also a detriment ito owning one.

I keep hearing that. Not in my town. 2 reliable Suzzy dealers. One has been exclusive Suzzy [never changed] since I knew of them in the mid '80's.
[Not sure when they actually started in business?]

Verado is just heavier.

Does you Opti have a pump whine to it?

I dont know if it is a "whine" but you can hear the injector pumps at idle. It certainly is a noisy sucker especially with the extended hardtop and pilothouse. However up and running, I dont think the Opti is any louder than a Yam, zuke or honda 4 stroke. (although I get a drone around 3500-3600 rpms)

There are more and more zuke dealers popping up for zuke and it would probably be my first choice if I were choosing today. The dealer network would still pop into my mind as I travelled and trailered places though..

PaulH / Emily S":3may4wcs said:
Yamaha continues to dominate the outboard world. Maybe not the fastest, maybe not the leanest. Simply the best ........
!

Yamaha sells 2/3's of the world's small motors and almost 1/2 of the V-6's.

They sell ALL of the V-8's. :wink:

If you wanna do some crying...go ahead...play a sad song...chances are you'll be playing it on a world renouned Yamaha piano..."simply the best"

Back