AC boatshow

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the 34 at the new england boat show. Something about it just didn't feel right, not sure what it was.

The cockpit was certainly huge, but the ob's and platform were also huge - much bigger than on my 25 and I suspect would get in the way fishing (the 25 is no problem with twins and bracket).

The interior also caused some chin scratching moments.

Price aside, it's just the wrong boat for me. It's nicely built, but the layout is odd. When I think about what I could get for the price though, it's a run, don't walk away.

Sorry Parker. I'm sure some will love it though.

Also, the dealer (3A marine) staff looked downright suicidal. They just sat in a corner, heads down, not even engaging the customers. I was never approached, greeted, or nodded to - no acknowledgment whatsoever. Very weird, especially since that's the general price range I'm looking at.

Gerg: If you're looking in the $250k price range there are ALOT of boats out there that are incredible offshore machines.

How about a 35' Carolina Classic???

John_Madison CT":3e5o4ywd said:
Gerg: If you're looking in the $250k price range there are ALOT of boats out there that are incredible offshore machines.

How about a 35' Carolina Classic???

I'm split three ways here. One is a carolina classic 35/henriques/cabo express, another is a cabo/henriques flybridge, and I'm also still drawn to a downeast.

Confusion? Yeah, I have that also. ;)

gerg.. i have fished the hole cabo fleet 35.43.45and the 48 the all have a bad ride they pound in a head sea bad me and a friend fished for this guy on his 43 in a tourn. and my buddy said that his parker was a better ride .
me presonaley would never buy a cabo and if it was givin to me for free i would sell it asap but a thats just my feelings on it and the guys that fish wit out of staten island feel the same

game, I'm under no illusions that the ride of the Cabo would be equal to a CC, but to compare the Cabo to a boat that is 7 feet shorter, 15,000 pounds lighter and has a considerable portion of its weight distribution hanging off the transom just doesn't make any sense.

There is NO way the ride of a Parker 28 would be comparable to an inboard diesel 35 weighing 25k-30k pounds.. I doubt even the 34 would compare.

That's not to say they are bad riding boats. Heck, I take my 25 places a lot of people wouldn't go in a boat twice it's size, so I'm not taking anything away from them.

But for pure riding comfort, I'd have to rate my choices as first a high shear downeast (hands down), then a Carolina Classic, then Henriques, then cabo, and far down the list anything from Parker.

Those four classes of boats are VERY different. They shouldn't be directly compared. I am doing it because I have to make a decision somehow - pure ride, pure comfort, pure fishing, pure economy. You don't get them all. To get more of one, you have to give up something else.

Parker makes a great boat. It isn't necessarily the best boat for any given use.

Back