Adding an in deck fish box, forward

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams

Reaction score
I have a 21 Sou'wester center console and I would like a bit more storage. Has anyone ever added a forward in deck fish box. My general idea id to cut a big rectangle out between the stringers, make a liner that will drop in between (supported from below as needed) and build a hatch. Because it is below deck I would add a macerator pump to drain and any fishy stuff if needed.

Curious if anyone else has done this before, or has a good reason why not to do it.

sam

sams":2n3s7gxv said:
I have a 21 Sou'wester center console and I would like a bit more storage. Has anyone ever added a forward in deck fish box. My general idea id to cut a big rectangle out between the stringers, make a liner that will drop in between (supported from below as needed) and build a hatch. Because it is below deck I would add a macerator pump to drain and any fishy stuff if needed.

Curious if anyone else has done this before, or has a good reason why not to do it.

sam

I don’t know but browse the Projects jic

Its a 1987, but, I'm not sure the tank size. The fuel tank starts about 5' aft of the console so I don't think it goes all that far forward of the console. I should have at least 5' available for the box.

I did a number of searches of other projects of this type, but, did not browse all the pages.

sam

I'm not certain if Parkers records go back that far or not, but I would call them with your HIN in hand and ask.
It's worth a shot.

252 728 5621

I though of doing the exact same thing as the OP (ie ... installing a below deck fish hold). I went as far as contacting Parker and getting the stringer/bulkhead placements for my hull. I laid it out on the deck (with tape) and came to realize ..... after I insulate the hold, there won't be much room in the hold. In the end, it wasn't worth the effort.

Parker simply builds such a strong hull with numerous stringers and bulkheads that there isn't much room below deck.

Not sure if the newer hulls have the same stringer layout but my 1989 23DVCC has a factory installed storage area up front. It's about 250qt.

Attachments

• 2014-01-19 15.29.49_preview.jpeg
    2014-01-19 15.29.49_preview.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 355
Back