adding extra fuse block to 23 ft pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper striper

Reaction score
im adding a raymarine c140 and sat weather box to my exiting c80, but my fuse box for accessories is full so i need to add another fuse box to acomadate the new accesories, anybody have ideas on what i need to do, can i jump of my red positive that suppies power to the first fuse box?? hope i can get pointed in the right direction, thanks shawn from ludlow mass

Well yes and no.

'Yes' only if the total ampacity (total amp load) of the wiring from the battery that feeds that panel isn't exceeded.

And 'no' not due as much to the total amp load, as it is unlikely you will run ALL circuits at the same time.

So you really need to add up the "worst case" of what circuits would be in use at the same time, e.g., nav lights, radar, fish finder, VHF transmitting, bilge pumps ... whatever. You should also consider all those safety items and you don't want to exceed a 3% voltage drop.

What I did was run 2 runs from my battery so I have the built-in redundancy you're seeking. Send your email to me via a PM, as I have a DIY Wiring Tutorial that might be of help.

How many fuse positions do you have now?

Before:

100_4059.jpg

After:

100_4061.jpg

Latest posts

Back