Adding Second Helm

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepRally

Reaction score
Looking to Add the second helm on my 2022 2320SC. Does anyone have a parts list I need to install this. Not sure what exactly I need. I have the Yamaha 300 and digital throttle. Any help be great. I found the bulkhead mount.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230405_145718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230405_145718_Gallery.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 0
I am not familiar with the digital throttle, but assume you'll need a second one of those. You'll also need a second hydraulic steering helm, recommend same size / brand as your current. In addition you'll need T-fittings (ORB #6 helm side // 9/16 x 24 UNEF 2A hose side for UFLEX) to go on your intermediate helm (however you choose to config), a non-venting fill cap to also go on your intermediate helm, 2x hydraulic hoses to run between the two helms. Optional (although highly recommended) is a comp line between your two helms (attached to 6'oclock port on your upper helm and 12'oclock port on your intermediate)- I believe this one can be made as its low pressure but easier to just buy another high pressure hose. With this comp line youll need a straight fitting (or other config, if required) on each helm. The comp line ports are not ORB threaded from what I remember. I think the fittings for these ports should be 1/4" NPT (helm side) // 9/16 x 24 UNEF 2A (hose side) for UFLEX.

However, if you have AP or steering assist, etc. I am sure above changes, I'm just not sure how. Also, most of the stuff above is applicable to UFLEX, but I believe the SeaStar helm and UFLEX helm are identical from a fitting perspective (double check this but pretty sure).

If you plan to add a kill switch you'll need that component as well as a method to splice it into your main helm KS (includes additional wire, wire splices / step-up connectors / new bullet connectors, etc.)

Here is what is needed for a digital engine as far as wiring and controls. The steering is basically like Nrender said. Mine has T fittings under the gunnel on the deck in the hydraulic lines going to the second station. .

0 1 0 0 6X9-48205-00-00 YA SINGLE MAIN DEC REM. CNTRL $1,228.24
0 1 0 0 6X9-48205-10-00 YA SINGLE 2ND DEC REM. CNTRL $1,286.25
1 0 0 0 6X9-762B0-46-00 YA EKS KIT (SINGLE/MAIN ST) $612.57 R01
1 0 0 0 6Y8-83553-02-00 YA 8FT POWER WIRE $63.00 R02 BOX 17
0 1 0 0 6Y9-83553-00-00 YA ADAPT,MAIN BUS PTAIL $50.14 G06
0 1 0 0 6X9-762B0-81-00 YA EKS KIT (SINGLE/2ND ST) $767.55
1 0 0 0 6X9-8258A-00-00 YA 2ND ST HARN(P) 16' $303.45 R05
0 1 0 0 6X6-8258A-10-00 YA MAIN ENG HARNESS, 7M $310.80

Here is what is needed for a digital engine as far as wiring and controls. The steering is basically like Nrender said. Mine has T fittings under the gunnel on the deck in the hydraulic lines going to the second station. .

0 1 0 0 6X9-48205-00-00 YA SINGLE MAIN DEC REM. CNTRL $1,228.24
0 1 0 0 6X9-48205-10-00 YA SINGLE 2ND DEC REM. CNTRL $1,286.25
1 0 0 0 6X9-762B0-46-00 YA EKS KIT (SINGLE/MAIN ST) $612.57 R01
1 0 0 0 6Y8-83553-02-00 YA 8FT POWER WIRE $63.00 R02 BOX 17
0 1 0 0 6Y9-83553-00-00 YA ADAPT,MAIN BUS PTAIL $50.14 G06
0 1 0 0 6X9-762B0-81-00 YA EKS KIT (SINGLE/2ND ST) $767.55
1 0 0 0 6X9-8258A-00-00 YA 2ND ST HARN(P) 16' $303.45 R05
0 1 0 0 6X6-8258A-10-00 YA MAIN ENG HARNESS, 7M $310.80
Awesome thank you, question. I have the digital throttle in front now and think it's set for the back to plug in. So i would need just the back if that's right and the wires to connect it. No other brains.

Awesome thank you, question. I have the digital throttle in front now and think it's set for the back to plug in. So i would need just the back if that's right and the wires to connect it. No other brains.
Yea you would just need the second station and wiring. And I have a second push start button

I am looking to do the same thing on my 2015 2320. I already have a rear helm steering station set up but the throttle control is for the 9.9 kicker. I would like to add another electronic throttle control to the rear helm for the main F300. But I don't have those new fancy DEC controls in the cabin, just a basic electronic control. Would I need to upgrade to those fancy DEC throttles you posted that are $1,200 a piece to have the throttle controls communicate to each other?!

Sorry, PepRally, not trying to hijack your thread, but funny I am looking into the same thing.

I am looking to do the same thing on my 2015 2320. I already have a rear helm steering station set up but the throttle control is for the 9.9 kicker. I would like to add another electronic throttle control to the rear helm for the main F300. But I don't have those new fancy DEC controls in the cabin, just a basic electronic control. Would I need to upgrade to those fancy DEC throttles you posted that are $1,200 a piece to have the throttle controls communicate to each other?!

Sorry, PepRally, not trying to hijack your thread, but funny I am looking into the same thing.
From my understanding they are no longer making the previous model which is why I went all new. You might be able to find the previous at a local shop or eBay if they have old stock laying around. I personally like the look and the feel of the newer design better.

No worries. Jump in. More info the better.

From my understanding they are no longer making the previous model which is why I went all new. You might be able to find the previous at a local shop or eBay if they have old stock laying around. I personally like the look and the feel of the newer design better.
I am going to be talking to a Yamaha dealer tomorrow to see what I can do. Hoping I can just get an older throttle control similar to the one that is on the boat currently or maybe just upgrade to one new one and use the older one for the rear helm.

What do you like more about the new throttle control as compared to the old one? I am sure there are quite a few new perks that make it much nicer but trying to see if it's worth the upgrade.

I am going to be talking to a Yamaha dealer tomorrow to see what I can do. Hoping I can just get an older throttle control similar to the one that is on the boat currently or maybe just upgrade to one new one and use the older one for the rear helm.

What do you like more about the new throttle control as compared to the old one? I am sure there are quite a few new perks that make it much nicer but trying to see if it's worth the upgrade.

I havnt used the old style but on the new one. Not sure you have it. If you troll. They have another set of buttons under the tilt buttons that alow you to bump the rpms by 50. So you can really dial in your speed. Up to 1000 rpms. Also has a neutral hold button. Still learning mine. Was weird going from a cable to digital.

I havnt used the old style but on the new one. Not sure you have it. If you troll. They have another set of buttons under the tilt buttons that alow you to bump the rpms by 50. So you can really dial in your speed. Up to 1000 rpms. Also has a neutral hold button. Still learning mine. Was weird going from a cable to digital.
@josh. What he said ^ I also had twin stations with cables and man did it suck. Never could get the second station on this boat perfectly in sync I was told by the previous owner. My last boat had the standard digital Yamaha controls and truthfully I really loved it but it definitely seem tall and kind of bulky compared to the new ones.

@josh. What he said ^ I also had twin stations with cables and man did it suck. Never could get the second station on this boat perfectly in sync I was told by the previous owner. My last boat had the standard digital Yamaha controls and truthfully I really loved it but it definitely seem tall and kind of bulky compared to the new ones.
I discussed with the local Yamaha dealer and they said that we would need to purchase the new digital fly-by-wire controls unless we can find the older model used. The new control would need to be sync'd with the older electric control via a computer program once hooked up so when using one control the other is "offline". The whole process is a bit expensive and I will probably be holding off on it for a while as I would rather get some decking (looking at Aquatraction) before I spend the $$$ hooking up a rear helm control for the main motor. I currently do not have any cable (except the kicker motor), the main is just the older model digital control.

Hopefully I will get to the rear helm upgrade soon. Thanks guys!

I discussed with the local Yamaha dealer and they said that we would need to purchase the new digital fly-by-wire controls unless we can find the older model used. The new control would need to be sync'd with the older electric control via a computer program once hooked up so when using one control the other is "offline". The whole process is a bit expensive and I will probably be holding off on it for a while as I would rather get some decking (looking at Aquatraction) before I spend the $$$ hooking up a rear helm control for the main motor. I currently do not have any cable (except the kicker motor), the main is just the older model digital control.

Hopefully I will get to the rear helm upgrade soon. Thanks guys!
If you did have the new one at that point its getting the one for back and harness. Plug and play at the point.

If you did have the new one at that point its getting the one for back and harness. Plug and play at the point.
Unfortunately, I have an older 6X6 DEC control (2015) so it won't be a plug and play. This is a bit more involved than I was hoping and looks like the rigging will run up quite a bit more $$. May be a while before I get back around to it.

Back