aft folding bench seat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicvanexel

Reaction score
i have a 2820 sport cabin. i do commercial fishing, and i do whale watches. i would like to install the aft folding cockpit lounge seat for the whale watches, but i would like to keep it out of the way when fishing. is the fold down feature good for this, or will it still be in the way? would i be able to easily remove the bench seat when i may have to , or is it permanently mounted? would i want to buy this from parker, or should i look elsewhere?

any suggestions much appreciated.

Buy a double wide deck chair, cheaper and easier to remove.

I think that fold down seat is something like $800 from Parker, no thanks.

7-0005.bmp

Bryan 2530":zfski3jr said:
Buy a double wide deck chair, cheaper and easier to remove.

I think that fold down seat is something like $800 from Parker, no thanks.

7-0005.bmp

thanks for that Bryan,
i was actually considering that , but i have been concerned about the stability of those in choppy seas and swells, particularily with folks on board who are not used to being on the water. Do you think there is a good way to be able to secure those to the boat while in use?

I have the double wide deck seat on my 2310. Stays on when we're cruising and comes off when fishing. Have had it out in the rough stuff without an issue.

I have the Parker folding bench on my 2510. I love it. When fishing, it folds out of the way and serves as sort of coaming pads in the transom. Very high quality. I recommend it.

CapeCodFrank":2wbevqxe said:
I have the Parker folding bench on my 2510. I love it. When fishing, it folds out of the way and serves as sort of coaming pads in the transom. Very high quality. I recommend it.

ok frank,
i am looking for high quality, it sounds like it stays out of the way completely for you.. when i am fishing i sometimes have over 1000 pounds of bloody stripers on board, my other concern is will the bench seat still be exposed to the elements when it is folded down. i would hate to pay all that money for a classy looking seat and have it look like trash after striper season.
also is it permanently mounted, or is it removable?
by the way i'm from cape cod as well, provincetown.
thanks
chad

Chad,

The seat is permanently mounted to the transom. When folded, the backrest is sort of like a coaming pad, and the bench part hangs vertical under it. When folded it does not hit the floor, so a bloody mess on the floor wouldn't bother it. However, it is vinyl and you can wash crap off it. The bench can be removed by removing two bolts and two pins. I take my bench out for the winter and store it in my garage at home. But I wouldn't suggest you could be removing and installing frequently. The backrest stays attached to the transom. My boat is at Kingman in Red Brook Harbor in Bourne. The boat is covered now, but the cover will be off and the seat installed in a month or so, if you wanted to come by to check it out. Otherwise, I'll take a bunch of photos when I put the bench back in.

Not a great photo, but here is a shot of a 23 (I believe) at the boat show with the rear seat folded in the up position.
web.jpg

Take a look on the Parker Boats web site. You might see better photos of the factory piece.
http://www.parkerboats.net/

CapeCodFrank":zn1nlcag said:
Chad,

The seat is permanently mounted to the transom. When folded, the backrest is sort of like a coaming pad, and the bench part hangs vertical under it. When folded it does not hit the floor, so a bloody mess on the floor wouldn't bother it. However, it is vinyl and you can wash crap off it. The bench can be removed by removing two bolts and two pins. I take my bench out for the winter and store it in my garage at home. But I wouldn't suggest you could be removing and installing frequently. The backrest stays attached to the transom. My boat is at Kingman in Red Brook Harbor in Bourne. The boat is covered now, but the cover will be off and the seat installed in a month or so, if you wanted to come by to check it out. Otherwise, I'll take a bunch of photos when I put the bench back in.

ok thanks for all the info, the guy at Parker said i could put some different bracket on for the bench which would make it easier to remove, but it would still be heavy, i am thinking around 50 pounds. i was actually looking at the Birdsall Marine bench, made of aluminum , much lighter, but not nearly as classy looking.
very tough decision

I was thinking about adding the bench for my two little girls, do you order them directly from Parker or do you have to go through a dealer?

Back