After 4 months….

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got my 2520XL back from dealer’s shop with new F300. Took nearly 4 months to gather up all the necessary cables, both control boxes, and other small accessories for completion. Believe it or not, the second station start/stop button was last item to come in to finish the job. What a chore….

Attachments

• IMG_3783.jpeg
    IMG_3783.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
As a follow up to my new repowering with a 2022 F300 on my 2520SCXL, with 8 hours on the engine, which is still in break up limitations, I am posting my current rpm/ speed statistics which will be close to what I expected them to be.
On the first very brief wide open throttle, 5600 rpm yielded a solid 44 mph. Medium gear load, 2 aboard, ½ tank of fuel, one foot chop. Bottom is not painted.
Prop is a Mercury Revolution 4, 15x17.
4000 rpm gave up 28mph.
This is an awesome engine, nothing like the older F225. Biggest difference is the ease of planing and instant throttle response, not the “I think i can” feeling with the 225. So far I am very happy. And I love the sound.

Back