Ahoy there!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffwilliam

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. Been layin' a bit low since my accident last August. But I've just started thinking about getting a new boat. Not sure what I want. I loved my 2120 (the Fina Lee) more than anything, but have to admit I have some jitters about getting another one. I know it's a very seaworthy capable boat, but well you know....it's a mind thing. Wondering if going to the 2320 or 2520 would be better for me. 2320 worth the upgrade or is the 2520 too much boat? I'll be tuned in to read all your expert advice.
Thanks,
Bill

Hey Bill,

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are thinking about getting back into boating again, I'm sure its still alot to deal with even thinking about it. You've got to get back onto the water if that is what you love to do!

-- Tom

Welcome back and hope you are well. I love my 2320, but would love the 25 or 28 even more if it was in the budget.

Bill I'm glad to hear your back and thinking about boating. Take your time and try to take both models out for a sea trial. Or come spring, meet up with some members here with those boats and go out for a day and see what you think. Take your time and only you will know when you are ready to get back into boating.

Once again, I'm glad things are looking up for you.

Welcome back Bill!

Agree with the others that it would probably be good to catch a ride with a member or two on both the 23 and 25 before making any decisions.

The best way to find out what you feel comfortable with is to grab a ride with a member, and get behind the helm for a little wheel time. :wink:

Welcome back!

It also depends on what type of fishing you do. I personally wouldn't buy the same boat I already had. I'd go for a 2320 minimum this time around (if financially able of course).

Nice to hear from you again. Welcome back.

Due to economic reasons, a lot of guys these days are buying single engine boats outright or downsizing from twins to a single engine boat. It's nice to get the biggest boat you can and have it powered adequately by a single. The Parker 23 DV and 25 MV both move out nicely with the single f250.

If a MV appeals to you, then the 25 can be had for not much more than the 23 DV.....probably 8-10k more for the 25 MV which also has a wider beam.

They are both great boats. I prefer the 23 because I need the DV. It is also an easy boat to tailer and small enough for a quick clean-up after fishing. Good luck in your search.

jim

Back