air conditioning

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipperdog

Reaction score
looking to install rv style unit on the roof of a 2530 any suggestions on placement of the unit and some pictures would be greatly appreciated since purchasing we have added the garmin 4212 bundle with radar and now the ac is soon.....thanks

I recall a thread about doing this. seems the op used a Honda EU2000 or maybe 1000 generator for power. built a wedge out of starboard or similar material for mounting the a/c unit and loved it.

use the search button and i bet i can be found.

...or was it on another forum??? been a couple of years since I saw it.

Chipperdog, I've got that same set-up you are looking at doing. If I get down to the boat this weekend I will take photos and post them for you.

You will see 2 stainless mounts. These are for the two 1000W Yamaha inverters used to run the A/C off of.

Attachments

• dcctva[1].jpg
    dcctva[1].jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 210hksz[1].jpg
    210hksz[1].jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 28wnqxz[1].jpg
    28wnqxz[1].jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 2a5y6h4[1].jpg
    2a5y6h4[1].jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 2ecjf41[1].jpg
    2ecjf41[1].jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,049
thanks for the pictures looks like the install should be fairly simple just need to decide how we will power it thanks again

was the canopy on the boat when you purchased if not throw me a phone number or name would like that set up also ......

whats something like this cost...if you dont mind sharing

Thanks in advance

Not sure on the cost. Was already installed on the boat when I purchased it a couple months ago.
Chipperdog, the awning was already installed as well. I will tell you this, whatever the cost it is worth it. So much nicer fishing without that sun beating down on you all day.

Miss Virgie II,

What is the length of the awning?

How sturdy is it, does it has excessive movement while underway?

I am thinking about a permanent top for my 2320. I don't want any side supports to get in the way of fishing. Yours looks like a good solution.

I'll measure it next time I am at the boat, maybe tomorrow. It is full length and width of the cockpit and has 6 rod holders attached to it. At first I was concerned that without any supports it would not be sturdy enough to support the weight of 6 offshore rods & reels (TLD 30 size), but I was wrong. little to no movement while underway and extremely sturdy. Whoever designed and installed it did an awesome job. I will email the guy I bought it from to see who he had do the work and I will let you know. I bought the boat in the Tampa area, so I am sure it will be someone down there.

Here are a few more pictures of awning. Still waiting for reply from the person I bought the boat from as to who manufactured it and cost. The measurements are 8'9"x8'9".

Attachments

• 2qbybm9[1].jpg
    2qbybm9[1].jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 863
  • 16hrqc2[1].jpg
    16hrqc2[1].jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 863
  • 33bd64x[1].jpg
    33bd64x[1].jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 863
  • wuqgdw[1].jpg
    wuqgdw[1].jpg
    69 KB · Views: 863
I put one on a 2120.
IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

RV-AC.jpg

thanks for all the replies and pictures--- we have installed the ac and really enjoy the new addition as it has helped on the past two trips..... next project will be twins on the bracket or the owning over the back deck....

I have a 2520 and Just installed a water source system heat pump.. i am waiting on some vents to finish but when I do I share some pics.. I would like to know what you guys think

Back