Any suggestions?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Matt

Reaction score
When I use one specific ramp and power load my boat I end up smacking the keel into the trailer frame damaging the gelcoat. The obvious answer is to not power load the boat. I don't like the look of a Keel guard so that's out. I tried to install a keel roller on the trailer but there is not enough clearence. So now I'm looking to add some heavy duty plastic or rubber to the trailer tongue to help protect it. Anyone here have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Parker23SE 005.jpg
    Parker23SE 005.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 899
FWIW I have some 1/4" HDPE in bright white, if you need some. I'd play around with plywood and make a piece to shield that area, and would then buy a cheap HDPE cutting board from Wally-World and would cut to fit. If possible, have the fasteners well away from the center tongue beam.

Hmm .... now that's a thought. Maybe I'll make some type of roller and strap it across the trailer. Something that would alow the boat to roll up onto it and prevent it from striking the traler frame. I lalready like it. Now I have something to do this week. Thanks and I'll look into it and keep you posted.

And yes, it is a Load Right trailer.

I'd hate to jeopardize the structural integrity of the trailer though. I think I'm going to use the PVC piping as suggested. Once I get done brainstorming and do it I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I've got all winter to get it done.

Could you put a set of forward bunks on it like this??

http://www.always-online.com/hardtlefam ... reMods.htm

frontvbunk.jpg

I might be tempted to look for a more 'permanent' solution...like raising the bunks at the bow.

We never have a problem with the 2120 hitting.
IMG_4467.jpg

But we do have forward bunks.
IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4468.jpg

Sorry but I've got rollers. There is one particular ramp that I use and the ramp is steep. When I drive the boat up on my trailer I wack the trailer. I'll figure something out.

How about moving the winch tower back 3 inches, then the bow might not come in contact with that portion of the trailer? :idea: :)

Uncle Matt":3jk5wg40 said:
I thought it was suggested that I raise my bunks closer to the bow. You can't raise what you don't got. That is all.

I was trying to suggest raising the bow of the boat by raising (only) the front end of the bunks. You should also be able to do this to the roller rail?

Back