Anybody having shorts on spreader lights??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisn

Reaction score
Is anyone having shorts on their spreader light systems?? If so how did you fix it? Wires all look good and no water in light fixtures... :?

"short" or "open"

More details!!! :D

Are you tripping the breaker? If it trips the breaker with the light removed then it is likely the switch or wire actually shorting out.

I would think anywhere a wire takes a bend is a likely place for a short.

Now if it is an open..... then the light won't come on and the breaker is not tripping. Assuming the light is good then it is likely a connection or fuse... or switch.. or the wire... in that order.

I'm strictly an amateur these days.... although in a previous lifetime I took care of most everything under door 19 on F-4s.

Richard

Yes it is tripping the breaker after it attempts to come on for a moment. Light bulbs are both okay and sometimes it doesn't happen at all....

Attachments

• 101_0120_136.jpg
    101_0120_136.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 762
I did on my 2510. Dealer switched each light to a separate breaker, problem solved.

esfishdoc":1qojaea6 said:
I'm strictly an amateur these days.... although in a previous lifetime I took care of most everything under door 19 on F-4s.
Richard

Me too, Richard only I was hanging bombs and missles and such on them. Got any Phantom Bites?

Check the wire connectors right before the spreader lights. I noticed on my boat they were ordinary non-waterproof butt connectors. I cut them off and used the adhesive line connectors instead. They might be all corroded.

Back