Anyone own a 34 yet?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishAC

Reaction score
Has anyone on this site bought the 34 yet or know of anyone who has? The topic kind of dropped off the discussion board. I know now is not the best time to be buying a boat, but someone has to be lucky enough! I would love to hear what an owner has to say about it.

I don't know if the word "lucky" would be the one i would use on thi subject. I am sure someone will pipe in and argue with me, but at least it will get the blood flowing again!!

Yeah, I was wandering around the norwalk show looking at the unaffordable's and it struck me that the trillion dollar hole the treasury is trying to refill was emptied one boat at a time.

As for the 34, I can't believe they will be flying off the floor, but they don't need a lot of sales to keep the lights on. The trick is getting a $200k+ loan, or having that lying around, in this market (and the confidence to commit to it for 10-15 years).

This is a meltdown of epic proportions, and the bail out won't save those of us who aren't a part of the infrastructure being refinanced.

Dumb pols are trying to buy more votes. Saw in the paper today that some of our college students can't afford their car payments and need the cars to get to school. So one/more pol has decided to tack college student auto loans onto the $700B give away.

I'm tempted to buy a 34 and write my Senator and ask them to tack the loan of the 34 onto their $700B giveaway program. Makes about as much sense as car load giveaways. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dave

aka

Ahh well, that's where you got it wrong. The college kids still need to pay back their loans - whether they are for cars or education.

The bailout is for the banker/investment firm who is holding a bag full of loans, some of which are worthless pieces of crud, some of which are good, but who can't figure out which is which because of the extremely complex way they are bundled up and sold.

Nobody is talking about forgiving loans. At most, they are offering to restructure onerous loans so that people can continue to make payments. they are also talking about guaranteeing loans so credit will be available to credit worthy borrowers.

In all cases, if you default, you are still screwed. It's the gamblers that wrote worthless loans, then mixed and matched and sliced and diced and put them into all sorts of devious packages - while making billlions in the process - who are being bailed out.

This will be very important to you if you have to borrow that $300k to buy a 34. Because right now even people with good credit and good incomes are being turned down.

I have to disagree on that issue about the payback of college loans.

I paid my own way through college in the 60's by working 3 jobs. I did take a small student loan for about $900. When I graduated, I paid back every cent on a monthly payback schedule...on time...for 3 years.

I was ONLY one of the 33 1/3% who DID pay off that govt. loan.
The other 66 2/3 % of the borrowers never paid their loans back, and they were never made to pay them back.

Maybe times have changed, but I doubt it. A small minority of us have always paid our own way and shouldered the load for the takers of the world.

Mac

OK all ... no politics to be discussed or argued here.

Whatever you do or feel or believe - respect each other HERE and keep the topics at hand to Parker boat and directly related matters.

Thank you :D !

Well i have some pictures of it i seen it over weekend!!!But cant post there over 800 pixels!!!So if anyone wants to see just email me and i will send them to you!!! I really dont think that it is worth the $$ there asking!!!

Principal Reeler":3m768bek said:

No problems with you there Mac. I agree with YOU 110% and you are I are probably very much alike! I just didn't want this post going 'south' ...

Back