Anyone replace gas tanks 2005 parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
2005 2320 parker. Did anyone have to replace there gas tanks yet due to leaks or rust ? 18 years old now and I checked last year by pulling sending unit out and just looking inside. Inside looks better then outside. No leaks. How many more years left?

Marty D said:
2005 2320 parker. Did anyone have to replace there gas tanks yet due to leaks or rust ? 18 years old now and I checked last year by pulling sending unit out and just looking inside. Inside looks better then outside. No leaks. How many more years left?[/quo

Same thought.

Anyone have their tank scoped? I would to re do the deck gel coat soon. I have a solar fan to dry out around tank n bilge. I don’t smell gas odor but tank is half full. I assume bad spots will be on the tank bottom or sides.

When tank was 10 years old I thought it was leaking and took to a guy and got prices but had all the hoses replaced. Now it’s 18 year and still ok. I see you boat is a 94? Original tank?

Brent":tzw53kxk said:
Marty D":tzw53kxk said:
When tank was 10 years old I thought it was leaking and took to a guy and got prices but had all the hoses replaced. Now it’s 18 year and still ok. I see you boat is a 94? Original tank?
Yes original

B2
Wow!!! Yours is 24 years old. Wow again. Do you open your floor pie plates and air out tank? I been doing that in spring and fall, try to leave them open all day for weeks on end. I’m thinking to get those solar pie covers. Can you post a picture of the solar pie plates.

Marty D":pyncr9cp said:
Brent":pyncr9cp said:
Marty D":pyncr9cp said:
Yes original

B2
Wow!!! Yours is 24 years old. Wow again. Do you open your floor pie plates and air out tank? I been doing that in spring and fall, try to leave them open all day for weeks on end. I’m thinking to get those solar pie covers. Can you post a picture of the solar pie plates.

I remove one pie plate for fan

Brent":2ca7jgh8 said:
Marty D":2ca7jgh8 said:
Brent":2ca7jgh8 said:
Marty D said:
Yes original

B2

I remove one pie plate for fan

viewtopic.php?t=13594

Solar fan from Amazon . Over priced and POS

Next time will look around for newer fans but everything is dry and when deck plate was replaced no wood rot or signs of water rot

If you keep the under deck area ventilated and your deck plates sealed, your tank will last almost forever.
Maintenance and attention to details are what you want.

Megabyte":1u3qy52v said:
If you keep the under deck area ventilated and your deck plates sealed, your tank will last almost forever.
Maintenance and attention to details are what you want.
That’s what I been doing. I just called a guy in Long Island who does replacement tanks on boats. He came highly recommended. He has done parker boats. I was asking how he replaces them. He uses the same foam as parker does. He also coal tar the gas tank. What he said about why he like the foam. Without the foam the gas in the tank is cold and in the summer the tank will sweat and because there is no air in that coffin the tank will stay wet. The foam stops it from sweating. All these years I’m thinking parker does it wrong. Maybe parker knows more then we thought??!!

Back