Arrrrrgh! Wiring Dummy!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
That would be me, the wiring dummy.

On my 21' Parker, there's a battery in each of the rear seat boxes.

The port battery only has the red and black cables to connect. Even me, the wiring dummy, figured that one out.

The starboard battery has the red and the black cables, of course, and a myriad of other cables with round connectors. I must have been under the influence when I yanked the batteries last fall, because I FORGOT to make myself a diagram and, of course, I cannot find the wiring diagram Parker supplied with my 2008 model year boat.

I suppose I could drive up to Tri-State for a look-see. My guess is that all the small connectors attach to negative...but I don't know.

Does anyone? Anyone have a wiring diagram they could post? Anyone in the 'hood? :D

I hate it when my own stupidity exceeds even my own expectations!

Arrrrrgh!

One tell-tale sign may be that if your ring-terminals have different diameter holes, the positive or negative threaded stud may be too large to fit some of them. That would eliminate those. Hopefully the "reach" of the cables may be an indicator too as to which terminal they could not reach to. This is not a final determination but just an elimination process for some (but hopefully all) of the cables. There are electrical tests that are more conclusive but this may be all you need.

I went by the dealer's and took a peek. All but one of the secondary cables go to negative...the one that doesn't has some sort of small box in its middle. Dunno what it does, but it goes to positive.

hakr":1o8u9wud said:
I went by the dealer's and took a peek. All but one of the secondary cables go to negative...the one that doesn't has some sort of small box in its middle. Dunno what it does, but it goes to positive.

That's most likely the hot for the automatic switch on the bilge pump. The small box is a fuse holder.

The thin green wire goes to negative and is the fuel fill ground. That's what the PDF of the 23se wiring diagram I have says. The tan one with the small in-line fuse box goes to bilge.

Foggylink":27k6yoc4 said:
The thin green wire goes to negative and is the fuel fill ground. That's what the PDF of the 23se wiring diagram I have says. The tan one with the small in-line fuse box goes to bilge.

Could you post that PDF here? Appreciate it...

I also got tired of keeping track of all those wires. On top of that, those thin rings corrode really fast when that close to the battery.

I mounted large terminal studs to the transom, affixed all the smaller wires to them, and then used large wires from the terminal studs to the battery posts. Fixed two problems with one job...keeping track of wires, and reducing the corrosion on the smaller rings.

See my thread on it in the Projects Forum: http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... ht=battery

This should be standard procedure in the Parker factory.

Dave

aka

Latest posts

Back