Atlantic City Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swatski

Reaction score
It was a lot more busy than we expected. Way more busy as compared to the NYC and NJ/Edison shows this year.

It was great to see the Parker aisle was the busiest spot at the show!
1646709154444.jpeg
1646709167591.jpeg

But just like the other shows, few Parker boats on display, and the ones they had were already sold. Spoke with NJ Outboards salesman, they are the largest Parker dealer here, completely sold out for 2022... If you want a new Parker, you are looking at 2023s at this point in time. Crazy.

And prices are nuts. OTD with trailer and any major extras, like the second helm or radar etc. (this one on display did not have anything), the 2320 are 150k now...
Wonder what it will be for 2023.
1646709401596.jpeg

It was a lot more busy than we expected. Way more busy as compared to the NYC and NJ/Edison shows this year.

It was great to see the Parker aisle was the busiest spot at the show!
View attachment 32425
View attachment 32426

But just like the other shows, few Parker boats on display, and the ones they had were already sold. Spoke with NJ Outboards salesman, they are the largest Parker dealer here, completely sold out for 2022... If you want a new Parker, you are looking at 2023s at this point in time. Crazy.

And prices are nuts. OTD with trailer and any major extras, like the second helm or radar etc. (this one on display did not have anything), the 2320 are 150k now...
Wonder what it will be for 2023.
View attachment 32427
Maybe it's just me, but if I just bought a new boat, I would not agree to having it displayed at a boat show with a bunch of people walking all over it! ☺ (Maybe with the present 'wait-time' the dealers are in a position where they can require it; part of the deal to sell you the boat!??)

Maybe it's just me, but if I just bought a new boat, I would not agree to having it displayed at a boat show with a bunch of people walking all over it! ☺ (Maybe with the present 'wait-time' the dealers are in a position where they can require it; part of the deal to sell you the boat!??)
Well... I know. BUT - how else would the rest of us be able to see them?
I'm kind of agnostic about it. Glad they had boats to display.

Personally, I would let them have mine if they wanted it for a display, as long as it is a dealer I know, and they return it clean. But that's just me.

Well... I know. BUT - how else would the rest of us be able to see them?
I'm kind of agnostic about it. Glad they had boats to display.

Personally, I would let them have mine if they wanted it for a display, as long as it is a dealer I know, and they return it clean. But that's just me.
You are a better man than me! ☺
(Our last boat was a 'show-boat', at the 1986 Annapolis Boat Show... It must have had a lot of 'traffic' as there was a lot 'scuff marks', and worse, when we got it.... but that could be that that the CT Sundeck, Cardinal Marine, was a substandard dealer; oh yes, they were!)

Last edited:
I have pondered selling my 2320 while prices are high. Then upgrading when this prices dip again. But timing things like that take patients and I don’t have a lot of that 😀

My 2320 was a boat show model. I was planning on having a competitor of Parker build me a similar boat. But the price was to high for what I was going to end up with.

So I ended up buying the Parker after the boat show was over. It was a boat show model.I got a good deal on it. It was perfect on delivery. This was in 2016 right before the economy started to uptick again. So at least timed that right 😆

Last edited:
@A-K I did just this- I took advantage of the shortage/ lead times and sold my 100 hour 2320 for a considerable profit....and parlayed it into the whale 2810 center I ordered =)..

Re: Owned boats as boat show displays- there is a pretty hotly contested thread on THT right now about a guy who had his boat at the show- unbeknownst to him....its an entertaining read =)

Last edited:
@Swatski I did just this- I took advantage of the shortage/ lead times and sold my 100 hour 2320 for a considerable profit....and parlayed it into the whale 2810 center I ordered =)..

Re: Owned boats as boat show displays- there is a pretty hotly contested thread on THT right now about a guy who had his boat at the show- unbeknownst to him....its an entertaining read =)
Yeah, I know. I'm kind of the opposite of that dude. Life is too short to get upset about other humans trying to enjoy what you have, I really don't mind sharing a boat in that way. Let's face it: It is such a privilege to own a boat, if more people can enjoy it, it just makes me feel less guilty of my privileged status. Probably silly, but that's how I see it.

Just a heads up to the customer would of been nice before taking it to the show. I would assume the dealer thought the owner/supposedly owner wouldn't be at the show to see it on display. But that's for them to argue over, better things to talk about here...

I did not see any 2520 XLDs at the Edison or the AC NJ shows.
All I got is this, below, so the 2520 would be somewhere in between...
these boats were basic, no second helm, radar, trailer etc. and I was told those were already sold.
My dealer told me there is no more 2022s in stock in NJ, they now take orders for 2023, it will likely be above current MSRP. It's crazy...
2820.jpg2320.jpg

Back