Barnegat Bay Early Summer Friday

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
Disclaimer: There are no Parkers in these pictures, as no one is fishing in these pictures. The followig pictures were taken by a girlyman on his girlyman boat!

Well, it has been a tough week for me. My dog, Yogi, ate another rock, and is again in surgery today to remove it from her small intestine. Coupled with my ignoble profession, and the market's realization that in America there will never again be a sold automobile, airline ticket, or home, I have been pretty much in the dumps.

The water's healing elixirs worked wonders today. We motored everywhere, from Manasquan south to Tices Shoal, near Barnegat Lighthouse.

Any locals should recognize the Railroad Bridge; please note yet another 17 foot Whaler hull waiting for the bridge to lift.

IMG_0066.jpg

From there it was south past Bayhead and Mantoloking on the ICW.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

And Cap'n James is maturing at the helm.

IMG_0059.jpg

Tices Shoal is a wonderfully clean boating destination, whose inviting crystal clear waters invite boaters to raft up, relax, read books, walk to the shore, and cross the narrow island to Island Beach State Park. IBSP is the beach the way nature intended, complete with dunes, clean waters, and a lack of homes and development.

IMG_0098.jpg

And a few more Whalers in this picture:

IMG_0097.jpg

Walking ashore:

IMG_0119.jpg

Past some dunes:

IMG_0103.jpg

Up to the beach:

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

And later, back to the boat:

IMG_0122.jpg

By the way this picture I include, as it is my daughter, who my boat is named after. She won "best bike" last weekend for our town's 4th of July festivities!

IMG_0078.jpg

Ok. I am recharged. I can fight again Monday, knowing America will continue to thrive. Thank you New Jersey Shore. I am refreshed!

Back