Barnegat Fishing Report

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Reaction score
Barnegat Report 10/21

Blue fish action is heating up! Reports are coming in... huge Stripers are being caught 3 miles east of Seaside Park, north of the Reef, at a depth of 30 feet. Stripers are picking on remnants of Bunker under the Blue fish action. Flocks of birds are everywhere.

This is going to be a record year. :wink:

Fished out of BI seven days ago. Water is still warm. Rainfish is everywhere. Bonito everywhere. Striped at 30 feet in 60 feet of water, caught on shad umbrella rigs trolling.

I can feel it though.... I will be out next weekend or the weekend after. Can ya feel it?

Attachments

• bonito.jpg
    bonito.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 79
Cold air from Canada is soon to arrive, water temps will drop, and the fishing will turn on BIG Time!

BTW .......here's a photo of the "Karen L" one day after her grounding in Barnegat inlet. She was returning with a load of Scallops. Storms and a violent current in the inlet the day before shifted the sandy bottom. The Coast Guard report said..."Karen L" was centered in the channel and following the Buoys.... continuing investigation. That's how fast a good storm can change the depth of Barnegat inlet. :shock:

Great news! I was beginning to worry that the bass are really late this year (and they probably are). Now I have hopes for livelining eels in Cape May Ripps on Oct 29th.

As for other NJ action. My father came home with a 55lb bluefin last tuesday off of the Sea Isle Ridge.

B-Faithful":3jau9225 said:
My father came home with a 55lb bluefin last tuesday off of the Sea Isle Ridge.

The Ridge is very active this year with fantastic tuna action .

I got me one of dem fotos as well.... :D

sinking1.jpg

Back