Battery Issues

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfell1085

Reaction score
We just installed a new battery in our "old" but new to us 1989 Parker Southwester. The other old battery starts the engine with no problem. After putting in the new battery, the only things that work are the bilge pump and the wiper. None of the cockpit lights work or the navigation lights. Any ideas?

Maybe you forgot to connect a lead wire? I have two coming into the Pos and about 6 going into my Neg.

. . . ..if not a forgotten lead....maybe a blown fuse for house power? Bilge pump is probably wired direct to the battery. . .. .not sure about the wiper though. . ...

Check to see if the resettable circuit breaker is tripped. It should be in the battery compartment.

There is some debate on fusing a bilge pump, but personally I am against it.
Curious that the wiper works tho.
If not for that, I would suspect that the feed to the helm was missed when you installed the battery.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 254
Just had the same issue after installing a new battery. I had stacked my connections wrong...and the fuel gauge and running lights were not working. I also had some "flickering" on the display panels when the boat was turned off and it was sluggish to start after a night in the water. After re-stacking correctly (thanks to an earlier picture I took of the battery connections) everything is working fine. I have an 1801CC with a Yamaha 115 - I recall I have 3-4 extra cables to stack. If you need my pictures let me know...

Latest posts

Back