Beaufort - Storm

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about all my friends and people in the Beaufort/Morehead/Down East area. 24+hrs now of the storm bands pounding on them and pushing water up the sounds and rivers. One more high tide at 12:30am or so with the wind pushing the water in the inlet. Very sad to see these pics of the flooding going on along the water front in Beaufort. Special place, great people. Good luck to all.

Attachments

• 1BE48509-723E-4C4C-A3F1-B63DA0612259.jpeg
    1BE48509-723E-4C4C-A3F1-B63DA0612259.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 461
  • A11E922A-8929-406B-AB2D-FBAC2404336F.jpeg
    A11E922A-8929-406B-AB2D-FBAC2404336F.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 461
My son has many large trees down in his yard and water damage inside the house. He lives in Beaufort and must have caught a spin off tornado at his house. The whole MHC /Beaufort area looks like a bomb went off. It will be several days before power is restored and then the massive cleanup will start. We have shingles and siding missing in EI and some roof leaks. Fortunately our Parker was untouched inside the boat storage shelter in Beaufort.

Sorry to hear about the damage your family has experienced. Glad that everyone has come out physically unharmed. A lot of work ahead, good luck to you. I think I remember seeing a pic of your rig at your storage lot? Are you at Carteret with Mr. Smith and if so are you at West Beaufort Rd or out Hwy 101 location? Mine is at the Hwy 101 location just a mile or so on left before the Parker plant. I’m assuming mine is ok but I’m in Winston. If you happen by there and see it, let me know if it looks ok? Hope your week is not to rough.

I am on West Beaufort Road. There was a set of shelters that collapsed on one end close to my spot. It appeared the units on 101 looked OK when we road by them the other day.

Back