Bench Seat Project Completed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
The project all came together today, all the upholstery was done and the finished product far exceeded my expectations. I can’t wait to get her out on an overnighter to test everything out. The reason for the project was to create more storage, get an extra bed to sleep a 4th on overnighters and install a microwave for hot meals. My entire boat is LED and I have all my electronics on switches, so I do not have power issues using my two marine maxx deep cycle batteries (with only one in use). I wanted to keep the draw down so I won’t need to go to a third battery and use an inverter to run the accessories. Instead, I use the Yamaha 1000 generator to run the microwave, coffee maker and the metal halide squid lights. I also use the generator to push up to 8 amps back into a battery while its running, so it’s ok for me to run my electronics, bait tank and led lighting all night on one battery without killing it. I ran the microwave out the back of the pilothouse and mounted the extension cord under the gunnel and into the 2nd battery box. I just pull the cord out when I'm ready to heat something up.

My buddy Greg did a bang up job, this project will be enjoyed for years to come. Hopefully you guys get some good ideas from this, I know I stole bits and pieces to come up with the layout (Thanks John and Jamie). If anyone wants one built, feel free to PM me, I think Greg is going to do these projects more often.

d9d212d8.jpg

a5eef373.jpg

2318e9c3.jpg

3999cac3.jpg

659fefde.jpg

780adf6c.jpg

fb6db044.jpg

d7abb89b.jpg

cf7df23f.jpg

truly, truly excellent project!!! fantastic design and layout, supreme execution, just about perfect in my opinion! the only commet i have is in regards to the life vests stored behind the bench seat. even with the upper access hatch, if those are your primary vests (e.g. they satisfy some/all of your 1 vest per person requirements) i dont think that the Coast Guard would consider that location "easily accessible" and you might catch flak for that if boarded. but other than that, marvelous! :D

pelagic2530":3lp1i1tx said:
truly, truly excellent project!!! fantastic design and layout, supreme execution, just about perfect in my opinion! the only commet i have is in regards to the life vests stored behind the bench seat. even with the upper access hatch, if those are your primary vests (e.g. they satisfy some/all of your 1 vest per person requirements) i dont think that the Coast Guard would consider that location "easily accessible" and you might catch flak for that if boarded. but other than that, marvelous! :D

Thanks! And great point...actually both the life jackets and generator will not be stored in those spots. The generator will be stored behind the cooler I have under the bunk and the life jackets will be accessible- I'm putting cargo nets along the hull on both sides in the bow. I juse needed to move stuff around to take photos.

Great layout and execution. I am afraid that the microwave would be beat to death, in the conditions we run in down here in the Gulf of Mexico.

pelagic2530":vsqe3gnh said:
truly, truly excellent project!!! fantastic design and layout, supreme execution, just about perfect in my opinion!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Awesome job! 8)

Love this project ........really gets my juices flowing

Can you post different angle pics, just trying to decipher where the storage bins that have red west marine bag shot, is located

Thanx

Thats cool, a hot meal is the ticket, our is rigged like yours, only a Honda Gen :) See you out there !

Latest posts

Back