Bench Seat Project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian S":3gtfvyeu said:
I was at West Marine asking the guy about marine carpet, he told me to save my $$ and go to Lowes. I paid $10 for all the carpet, it's the outdoor stuff on a big roll with rubber backing. Bought the adhesive and a plastic comb applicator and got to work with a pair of scissors.

very nice, thats an idea i may be borrowing!

FishFactory":34tqmn5n said:
What holds drawers shut ?

Those look like K-V drawer slides ? or are they stainless ?

They are flush, so you push them in with a little force then they pop out two inches. This was my buddy's idea, I was skeptical at first, but after seeing and using them, there is no way they would be able to pop out on their own.

This is the slides:

http://www.drawerslides.com/p/accuride- ... 832-20hdtr

Aside from cleaning and upholstry being installed Friday, the project is completed:

7779a7dd.jpg

f83ca1b7.jpg

1c5feeb4.jpg

I had a vision last night, wanted to keep my plano holders and the storage from the old seat. We came up with a plan this morning to hack it up and flush mount it on the right hand side of the pilothouse. It's dirty now, but it looks awesome and is very functional.

2a5ab68a.jpg

26b71145.jpg

3aa17eb6.jpg

Flipped this upside down and reinstalled

a6808848.jpg

Awesome. 8)

When time permits, I want to take some measurements and design seat bases for both of my helm seats that incorporate storage for multiple Plano boxes.

The present seats would be mounted on top, and the bases would be maximized for storage as well as for the fishing tackle.
My open-back pilothouse would make access to the plano boxes from the 'pit simple, and I think between the two bases, I could pack quite a few Planos in there.

I have an idea of how I want to do it, now I just need to take the time to measure it out and put it on paper.

You've given me a few ideas. :)

Kev, remeber the X-shark??

You could do a similiar concept without the seaspesion posts, just mount the seat on top.

Bryan 2530":35lxhg48 said:
Kev, remeber the X-shark??
You could do a similiar concept without the seaspesion posts, just mount the seat on top.

Great idea.
I need to go look at Bobbys project post and use some of his ideas.

Thanks!

Back