Bench Seat Project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
A good fishing buddy of mine started building the bench this week, he is a carpenter and does some phenomenal work. We are hoping to have the bench finished and mounted this week, then I can get on to the upholstry. Here are a few pics. It's going to have a microwave in the upper left hand side, big drawer below it, 4 drawers in the middle and the right side is a big storage compartment. The front will be all starboard, with flush mounted face plates. The slides are for boats, you need to push the drawer in then pull to open it- we did this to maximize the drawer space since they are setup like a filing cabinet. I have teak trim to finish it off. Got alot of great Ideas from the Horndog and Seasons- I hope this comes out nearly as good. The front and sides will all be starboard and I plan on lining the drawers and storage with marine carpet or something similar. There will be a folding piece on the right to turn into a bed also.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

what is the case frame made ouf of? I will be making the same and was thinking all starboard for the frame, thx

plastikosmd":3m622lou said:
what is the case frame made ouf of? I will be making the same and was thinking all starboard for the frame, thx

Marine plywood for the whole thing but starboard for the front and side, including drawer and door faceplates. The first shot I believe shows starboard on the side, fron is going on today. Teak trim for all the edges to hide the screw heads.

Megabyte":2ienw7oo said:
Sully":2ienw7oo said:
REAL NICE ! :shock:

I agree. 8)

Can I get your buddy to build my new seat bases with storage for Plano boxes? :)

Actually...he can if you have plans and want it shipped. He is a carpenter by trade. Pm me if you guys want his email address. The bench is being installed now, I will post pics tonight.

Still need to have the top painted, install the teak around all the edges, carpet the insides and get upholstry, but it's mounted and everything else is done.

ATT_1271388042072.jpg

I like it. I have been wanting to build something like this for some time. How much does it weigh and what did it cost? It looks like there is a flip up extension? More pics please.

I carpeted all the drawers and storage area today, the project should be all done tomorrow with upholstry to follow in about a week. When it's all done, I will have a new post with the pics. As far as the microwave goes, we did not need to mount it, the fit is so tight that it does not move. There is a part that folds out on the right to be a full size bed as well.

9c53ae74.jpg

Awesome!
This post is definitely one for the archives. :wink:

What is it that Dave says?
Your online Parker owners manual!

cant wait to see more detailed pics! I love the carpeted droors, howd you do that. Thinking about doing a bench myself before the season starts. Looks awesome!

I was at West Marine asking the guy about marine carpet, he told me to save my $$ and go to Lowes. I paid $10 for all the carpet, it's the outdoor stuff on a big roll with rubber backing. Bought the adhesive and a plastic comb applicator and got to work with a pair of scissors.

Back