Best Prop for 2300 CC with f250 yamaha

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POGE

Reaction score
Looking for anyone that went to a 4 blade from 3 blade. The prop I use now is SS yamaha salt water II, 15 1/2 x 17. Its better than the 15 X 17 black painted that came with the boat but looking to get better plane in following seas at slower speeds. I travel light when fishing.
Does the 4 blade effect trolling speed, looking to get slower trolling speeds. The black painted 15 tolled nice and slow and thats about all it did well. The 1/2 increase in diameter pushes better and the side effect was increased the trolling speed. ( I like want slow trolling speed) Lifting the engine trim does help to slow the troll.
Any feedback on 4 blades welcomed.

Mercury Rev4 17p will do all the things you want. It has less slip than the 3 blade you mentioned so yes it will increase your troll speed.

Thank you. The PropGods site was leaning that way too. If anybody has one with a Yamaha hub kits, let me know.

Yep, Ken and I tested them on the 23 dv and 2520XL. Good for both.

Every once in a while you'll see them for sale in the "for sale" section here but they don't last long.

POGE,

I had the Rev 4 17 also as Grouperjim suggested, it did wonders for my 2300 CCDV with the Yami 250 HP.

Robert

What's the best prop if you have an f225, same hull. Still the rev4?

Back