Best trailer for 2520. bunk or roller?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken laird

Reaction score
Looking for trailer for parker2520. Any suggestions on whats best roller or bunk? Also any suggestions on makes and models.

I have a my 2320 on a 5800Lbs ShoreLand’r. My wife can winch it on the steepest ramps in Mass. It was a little more money than Load-Right and other typical roller trailers. It has the typical rear roller banks but a single bank of V rollers for the front.
http://www.shorelander.com/pages/t_spec ... uctID=4558
The important thing is to consider were you will be typically using it, and how steep the ramp is

BTW the back tires of my 3/4t Pick Up never touch the water.

There is a trailer for sale that was under a 2520 at the marina by my house. if you're in SW Fla, that is.

I have owned both when I used to trailer.
In my area, I preferred the bunks over the rollers, but as has been stated it depends on where you launch and retrieve.

I owned a roller with my Maycraft 25 and now have a bunk with my Judge 27.

The roller trailer gave me access to more shallow or short ramps since you dont have dunk the trailer as much. The bunk is quicker and easier on nice ramps as I can quickly powerload. Maryland state parks have about the best ramps I have seen so I prefer my currernt bunk. (but I also cannot use one of the ramps I used to use in NJ with my roller trailer). I do have polyslicks on my bunks so sliding on and off is a breeze.

I currently have a Venture trailer. They are not top of the line but it came with my boat. I have had a lot on it rebuilt. I have converted to Kodiak stainless brakes, upgraded my tires to goodyear radials, and will be having all the hardware redone next year.
When shopping I would recommend looking for a torsion axle trailer (sits lower), disk brakes (kodiak if available), stainless hardware, and radial tires. LED lighting would be nice too. I personally prefer galvanized steel over aluminum trailers but that is just me (less flex but heavier, not as pretty either).

I will second the WESCO trailer recommendation They built a very nice trailer for me and are Great to work with.SL2320 2005 F250

I had both types and by far the bunk is the better trailer. Bunks is a much simpler design and supports the boat better. If you count the main bunks, front bunks, and the associated hardware you have about you have about 20-30 different parts. If you count all the rollers with all the associated hardware you have about 200-300 different parts—all of which gets dunk in the salt and gets weaker over time. So the only time I would use a roller trailer is if the ramp is primitive and the tidal range is huge—if so I would probably get an aluminum boat not a heavy ass Parker to winch on. If you can float the boat on, get the bunks.

I shied away from the roller trailer because I'm not a fan of moving parts.

At one point, I had that slippery plastic on my bunks, but I had to leave it in gear while loading so I could attach the winch...otherwise she's slide back off the trailer. I also worried about going down the road with such slippery bunks.

Pledge works well to make the bunks slipperier, but I prefer liquid soap from the dollar store 'cause it's slippery when wet, but not so slippery when dry...sometimes we tow quite a way and it's nice to know Big Duck is firmly on her trailer.

http://72land-n-sea.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... owell.html

Can anyone provide a ballpark price for a decent bunk trailer for a 21DVCC? I don't trailer enough to warrant a custom setup.

As reported in a separate thread, I am facing some repairs on my current 15 year old roller trailer and will eventually need to make the repair/replace decision.

-- Tom

Back