BFT North Carolina

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
If any of you guys want to catch some BIG Bluefins start heading down to NC outer banks.
Here is a 72" fish. I had an 80"er Sat which was over 300 lbs and fought about two hours.

Attachments

• Seventy Two Incher.jpg
    Seventy Two Incher.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 581
So, i have three comments:

1. Great looking fish! Wish I could be down there.
2. I hope this means that the incredibly restrictive BFT regulations we had last summer are not going to repeat themselves
3. I fear, however, that the exact issue will occur as last year, specifically that the government did not control the fishing in NC and by the time the fish got up to Mass they clamped down to reduce the harvest.

As it stand now the regs are as follows. One fish between 27-47" and one fish between 47-73" per day. Anything over 73" you are only allowed one per season.
The fish in the photo was 72" and weighed a little over 200. The day before we had our keeper that went 72" and weighed in at 218 lbs.

Last Sat a 112" 805 lb fish was caught and new NC record. The Canyon Runner had a 90" 375 yesterday.

Lucky John":1pbw1797 said:
Last Sat a 112" 805 lb fish was caught and new NC record. The Canyon Runner had a 90" 375 yesterday.
I bet they will teak the limits before we get a shot at them up here. :cry:

Just like last year. Frankly, this posses me off. Not that ourmpals inNC get to fish for BFT, but that the Feds can't space out the quotas over the season so northern fisherman get a shot.

dave-j":1va7i9dr said:
Just like last year. Frankly, this posses me off. Not that ourmpals inNC get to fish for BFT, but that the Feds can't space out the quotas over the season so northern fisherman get a shot.
Yep!

There is a post on NC Waterman of a pod of ~30 Orcas feeding on 200lb class BFT out of Oregon Inlet. They talk about one being bit completely off just behind the gills about 20' from the boat.

Nice fish, congrats. Wait till you do it without a charter guide, sportfisher boat, on light line. Youll be sore, but content for days with a bunch of savings in your pocket.

Back