Big Bluefin on my 21 SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Yakes

Reaction score
Finally got a break, and ran offshore O.C. Maryland two weekends ago and scored this nice 50" Bluefin on our 21 sport cabin. Made a 27 mile run towards the "Ham Bone"/20fathom area in 3ft. seas, trolled 3-hours, and ran home using only a little more than 1/4 tank. I cannot say enough good things about this boat and it's seaworthiness. B.T.W., trolled eight lines with mix of Ballyhoo sea witch combos, squidnation daisy chains, cedar plugs, and one drone spoon on a planer rod. Fish hit the drone...

Attachments

• Bluefin2.jpg
    Bluefin2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 464
  • parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 464
  • Makowish.jpg
    Makowish.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 464
Excellent :wink:

Are they Penns or Shimanos hanging off your rod holders?

Thanks for the report. We took my 2120 out last sunday and went 74 miles off shore in 3 to 4 foot swells in the morning and had no issue with the boat at all. 170 miles RT and 78 gallons burned.

"J.C." - Two Tiagra 50LRS 2speeds mounted on "Chaos" custom stand ups, and all the rest are Penn Internationals on International Tuna Sticks.

Going to try for the Yellowfin when the bite heats up in September. Rigging some new spreader bars in anticipation.

I'll take them chunking or trolling, but there is no better sound than the reel screaming like it does on the troll.

Beautiful boat and equipment photos. Nice fish too. :D

What size Drone did that fish hit on?

JC, here are some jewelry photos for you. :wink:

Image-A6897E62EF2511D8.jpg

Image-A6895A74EF2511D8.jpg

Capt. Yakes":v1cn74qs said:
"J.C." - there is no better sound than the reel screaming like it does on the troll.

Absolutely :D

Two large coolers and what looks like a C & H Lures "Money Bag" on board? This guy is serious. :wink:

"Mega"-

#3-1/2 Drone, bue with prisim tape on two 15' sections of 150# flourocarbon joined by a ball bearing swivel in the center of the two. Fished on a #3 planer fished on 80# superbraid which was loaded on a
9/0 Senator.

Yeah, the fish bag works great...its a "Canyon Gear"

Trying to stay sane until the next trip..

Megabyte":1hxdzmv9 said:
JC, here are some jewelry photos for you. :wink:

Mega Your making me envious........ :)

I have a Shimano TI30WLRSA and completely pleased with its performance. I love the 2 speed option. Also I use a Shimano Calcutta TE 400 for fishing Black Sea Bass and the like. The next reel on my list is a TI50WLRSA.

Capt. Yakes :idea: Running as far off shore as you do, look into a "Switlik Rescue Pod" for your boat. The canister of the 4 person survival platform mounts perfectly on top the cabin roof of the 2120. The Pod is not certified for USCG off shore use, however it will give you some peace of mind and protection in the event.

You are right on the money.I rented a "Survival Products" raft this for trips this summer and am planning on purchasing either the "Switlik" or "Revere" this winter with a hard case and mount it on the hard top.

Here's the Switlik Rescue Pod.

Ida Ann":65h20qth said:
What does a Switlik Rescue Pod cost$$$?

Landfall Navigation did have the Switlik canister version for $1975. minus the optional cradle. Shop around you may find a lower price.

The following 3 items should be a part of every captains must have list: life vests, EPIRB, rescue raft.

I'n curious about the splashboard in front of the transom cutout on Captain Yakes' boat...anyone have details?

hakr":2njivch3 said:
I'n curious about the splashboard in front of the transom cutout on Captain Yakes' boat...anyone have details?

It mounts between two battery boxes. I replaced my splashboard with custom made transom risers.

JC":38fdcg6m said:
hakr":38fdcg6m said:

It mounts between two battery boxes. I replaced my splashboard with custom made transom risers.

I like yours, but I actually like Yakes' better. I can see where one might make a bracket for each side so that the splashboard slides in and out.

Still haven't heard from Yakes.

That would be easy enough. Screw a teak cleat (2 per side) to each seat base, vertically leaving 3/4ths inch between. Fit a teak board and slide between teak cleats. Be sure to route a finger catch in the middle. 8)

Sorry for the delay, have been out of town.

I purchased the splash well from "Tri-State" marine in Deale Maryland

www.tristatemarine.com

It has been about three years now since I have had it. I am looking for some better pictures to post and will do so as soon as I find them.

It is curved to accomodate the engine when tilted up. The only complaint that I have is that the scuppers are to small and the deck does not drain as quickly as I would like. The whole thing is fabricated from fiberglass and screws into the deck at the bottom.

Looking for better pics to show you.

Capt. Yakes

My 2007 2120 came with the curved splash guard forward of the motor. I could not adequately drain my deck when washing the boat so I added two scupper holes and all drain well now. I used the same scuppers that drain out the transom but they were more trouble to cut and mount than they were worth. If I did it again I might just hang a piece of flexible plastic or starboard on a hinge to close if water came in from astern but would open to let water out off the deck. I left the small drain holes as is that came with the splash board.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

Attachments

• Scupper open can handle full wash down hose water (Small).jpg
    Scupper open can handle full wash down hose water (Small).jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Scupper flap being held open (Small).jpg
    Scupper flap being held open (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 260

Latest posts

Back