Bilge Pump Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFern

Reaction score
I just dropped something on my forward bilge pump and broke off the piece where the hose attaches. It's a Rule 360 and I'd prefer to replace with a much higher GPH pump. The problem is larger pumps require a larger hose, but I do not want to replace the hose/thru hull fitting. Will some kind of hose adapter work. I am pretty sure the answer is that the pump's gph rating will be diminished by the incorrect hose size, but thought I'd ask.

If you really don't want to drill any bigger holes and are comfortable with the existing hardware, Rule now makes an 800 gph (round pump). It uses the same 3/4 inch hose barb that is on the Rule 360. There is a round as well as a square pump. I believe that the round even uses the same screen/mount.

Just make sure that your 360 actually has a 3/4 inch barb.

The 20R uses a switch. The 20RS is automatic.

They also make a 500 gph pump.

http://www.rule-industries.com/products ... /index.htm

You can go up to 800gph and still use a 3/4" hose. I use anything but Rule pumps ... got tired of replacing them every few years.

DaleH":33d193ku said:
You can go up to 800gph and still use a 3/4" hose.

Sure can! :)

Image-5C4D35B64F5411DB.jpg

Dale, I've seen some of your comments about Johnson pumps. Do you know if they have a suitable 800 gph replacement, and would it work with my current Rule float switch?

MacFern":27h1rkfq said:
Dale, I've seen some of your comments about Johnson pumps. Do you know if they have a suitable 800 gph replacement, and would it work with my current Rule float switch?
Yes to all.

Rule pumps are OK, but to me and my bros, Johnson's are #1! Even Attwoods have out-lasted Rules - for us anyway. Attwoods also out-tested Rules in Powerboat Report tests, but they didn't like the fact the Attwood wires aren't tinned, but covered in some greasy goop before coating in plastic sheath. Since I cover all entries into the wires, I've never had any issues, but PBR was sure hung up on it.

Latest posts

Back