Bit the bullet and ordered a 2020 21 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Hall

Reaction score
After several years or looking, I bit the bullet and ordered a pretty loaded 21 SE yesterday, with Yamaha 150. Next step is to figure out if I want to keep the 942xsv or trade it in with dealer to upgrade to something bigger before I take delivery.

I was cross shopping 2300 DV and the 21 SE for different reasons, and although I'll have my 6 year olds out a lot, I'm kidding myself if I think I'll take them out in rough enough conditions I'll need the 23 DV. Same goes for fly fishing in that weather.

Icing on the cake/what sealed the deal is that dealer was able to get a slip in a nearby marina (where I used to keep my Mako before kids) for up to 24' LOA. I was on the list for a 28' LOA (2300 DV) for a year and a half, but neither he nor I could make it work.

Any ideas on typical order wait time this time a year? Hoping to beat May 1st.

Glad to finally be an almost owner.

Hall

Neat. What is hull color? Electronics are a popular topic. Search on electronics, Garmin , radar as separate search words. Lots of good info. Keep in mind all marine electronics companies are displaying new models now esp at the Miami Boat show. Also, check The Hull Truth for current updates from the show.

One feature I really like are units with built in WiFi for updates for maps, firmware updates and other features. Very handy and memory cards are acceptable too.

Garmin latest map series are G3 Bluechart Vision. I am not familiar with other companies.

Many like push buttons but some units are touch screens with little or no buttons. If you use it a lot when boating , many prefer push buttons

I upgraded to a newer Garmin last year which only had a tilt mounting bracket but did not swivel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Light grey hull, stayed with the 150hp based on everything I read and either family use or solo fishing where it should suffice.

Also got the spreader lights, trim indicators, underwater LEDs, trip, console surrounds. Really liking the new cushion color scheme better than the previous tan.

I think it will be a perfect fit, and it not, the 2300 cc is always waiting a few years from now.

I'll be sticking with Garmin. I had no issues on previous boat and location is as secure as any other.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

very nice! what part of MA? I found a very nice deal 2015 21SE with 150yammi less than 200hrs for 40k, but I solo fishing most of the time so 1801 will be better fit for me or I will pull the trigger.

siulam":3t62mhp6 said:
very nice! what part of MA? I found a very nice deal 2015 21SE with 150yammi less than 200hrs for 40k, but I solo fishing most of the time so 1801 will be better fit for me or I will pull the trigger.

South Shore. You?

Seems like a good deal now and probably close to what they paid new (before tax). Price has gone up considerably on the hookup and go package annually... and with little negotiation room.

The newer boats are a lot more "finished" looking inside than the boats from 10+ years ago, which made it a much easier family boat sell. At least to my other half.

Double Hall":1n1ojlpv said:
siulam":1n1ojlpv said:

South Shore. You?

Seems like a good deal now and probably close to what they paid new (before tax). Price has gone up considerably on the hookup and go package annually... and with little negotiation room.

The newer boats are a lot more "finished" looking inside than the boats from 10+ years ago, which made it a much easier family boat sell. At least to my other half.
Quincy here, the 2020 new 1801 hookup and go package is like 34k + all fee and tax, make it close to 40k is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siulam":1h1xcpru said:
Double Hall":1h1xcpru said:
siulam":1h1xcpru said:

South Shore. You?

Quincy here, the 2020 new 1801 hookup and go package is like 34k + all fee and tax, make it close to 40k is ridiculous.

I'll be docked in Hingham. Tax and freight hurt. A lot. What do you own or are shopping for?

Double Hall":1fqe9rim said:
siulam":1fqe9rim said:
Double Hall":1fqe9rim said:
siulam said:

South Shore. You?

I'll be docked in Hingham. Tax and freight hurt. A lot. What do you own or are shopping for?

Nice, Hingham is nice place, I bet you get the boat from 3A :)
I currently have 17 whaler, mainly looking for 1801. My buddy he’s asking if I want to take his 18ft 1997 parker with Yamaha 2 stroke for $5k ish. another buddy advice don’t “upgrade” unless your next boat is 5ft bigger...

siulam":12pyr9rt said:
Double Hall":12pyr9rt said:
siulam":12pyr9rt said:
Double Hall said:
siulam said:

South Shore. You?

Nice, Hingham is nice place, I bet you get the boat from 3A :)
I currently have 17 whaler, mainly looking for 1801. My buddy he’s asking if I want to take his 18ft 1997 parker with Yamaha 2 stroke for $5k ish. another buddy advice don’t “upgrade” unless your next boat is 5ft bigger...

Sounds like a deal... 2 foot itis is a thing. 5' is a huge difference in boats though.

Back