Black Drum in NJ today......

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

channel_surfer

Reaction score
This was my first time catching black drum, had gone for them before but never had luck. Tonight was the night, boated these two and lost two others due to bad knots (NOT MINE!!!). Also a ton of other fish (dogs, skates, a little blue). Small one is 57 pounds and big one has to go to the bait shop in the morning because my scale only goes to 60.

Caught in great bay on freshwater tackle (Abu Ambassador 6000, powerpro 60# braid, Berkeley medium action Lightning Rod). Big one took 30 minutes to convince to come in the boat without snapping my pole.

Having trouble adding attachments to I'll just link to them...

0606082003.jpg

drum01.jpg

drum02.jpg

drum03.jpg

one heck of a first time, nice fish! congrats capt.

i am out of Brigantine and we are thinking about going out tomorrow night....thinking about it a little harder after seeing your catch.

keep the reports coming and congrats!

Nice job.I suspect you fished in grassy channel.I had a charter down in Cape May on sunday and here's one of mine

Attachments

• PDR_0445 (Medium).JPG
    PDR_0445 (Medium).JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 85
That would be correct, I was in grassy, way out at the end almost in the inlet. Set up near the inlet hoping to entice a stray striper to a clam or two. :)

Back