• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Blue-Printed/Hot-Rodded TLD 25 Combos & Toona Rods

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
BLUE-PRINTED Shimano TLD 25 COMBOS

I’d like to sell 2 Shimano TLD 25 combos. Both reels were new reels I had for about 1-year before I modified them. They were blue-printed and hot-rodded/ upgraded as per Alan Tani’s tutelage, reference his TLD tutorial here: http://alantani.com/index.php?PHPSESSID ... topic=36.0.

Blue-printing means the entire reel was taken apart and each part, screw, bearings (all done as per Alan), or what have you, was cleaned, deburred, diamond honed, perhaps modified or upgraded, and/or lubricated with premium lubricants, and then re-assembled. These reels had the canvas drag washers replaced with HT100-type carbon fiber drag washers from Shimano 2-speed TLD 30 reels. In addition, the Belleville washer (pre-load springs) arrangement was modified from that of a flat washer & Belleville stack of “I(())” to be all bellevilles of “(()))” orientation. Shimano drag grease was applied to the drag washer, while the rest of the reel got the blue-colored waterproof synthetic grease treatment, bearings got the Corrosion-X or Reel-X treatment, and moving rotational parts got the Breakfree/CLP treatment.

The rods haven’t been fished and have had the tip-tops replaced with new Aftco rollers ($15 each). I don’t really need to dump these and don’t need the $$ now that I’m back working, so I'm not going to give them away. FYI, if you sent a new TLD reel out for the blue-print and upgrade service, you’d pay ~$75 for parts and labor alone. They were only fished once (no hookups Sad ) before I upgraded to Penn 30 Int reels.

If interested, I’ll sell both for $300 plus actual shipping.

Attachments

• TLD-Combos1.jpg
    TLD-Combos1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 461
  • TLD-Combos2.jpg
    TLD-Combos2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 461
  • TLD-Combos3.jpg
    TLD-Combos3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 461
  • TLD-Combos4.jpg
    TLD-Combos4.jpg