Boat Cover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatdrinks

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently keep my 21se on her trailer with a full cover on when I'm not using her. I've seen some nice looking covers that just cover the t top and console or some snap on ones that just cover the controls. I'm debating going to a smaller cover as the full cover is a huge pain especially when putting it on by myself. I really like the fact that the boat is spotless when I get there and the deck and gunwales are not sitting in the sun all the time chalking out though. Not sure where I'm going with this but just wanted to hear what you guys did.

I had a full cover on my previous boat that went over the t-top and what a hassle to deal with. My neighbor is a talented seamstress and we came up with an enclosure for the console and lean post. The cover basically uses Velcro strap around the frame of the T-top and it goes to the deck with a Velcro seam at the back to complete the enclosure. It looks like a king size photo booth but functions to keep out most of the weather. I'll get a few pics next week.

I had two covers for my Dusky.
One just covered the console and was great for quick and easy protection.

The other was a full cover for storage on the trailer.
This one was heavy, but worked well for protection over winter or during severe weather.
BTW - this photo was taken the day after Hurricane Isabel.

Attachments

• reedvile01.jpg
    reedvile01.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Dusky cover.jpg
    Dusky cover.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 414
Hey Jim
If you don't mind where and how much for you boat port!
I'm thinking of this for this spring
Want to get an idea...

Sully":24dg1a3y said:
Hey Jim
If you don't mind where and how much for you boat port!
I'm thinking of this for this spring
Want to get an idea...

http://www.gaport.com/

$1800........wind rated to 130mph. Pretty strong, once a year I walk on top to sweep off debris from the oak tree. Nice to be able to work on the boat in the rain. Got two lights mounted inside up top, so working at night is a breeze as well.

Crew of four showed up at 7:30a and they were done at 10a.

Attachments

• J3072x2304-07616.jpg
    J3072x2304-07616.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 315
the garage style is great. I guess I'll stick with the full cover for now. The console only cover would be nice but I think I like the protection of the full cover too much to give it up. Maybe I just need to get better at putting it on.

Back