Boat Launching question ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4000/400 on the double hitch (for carying your bicycles etc.)
IMG_3213.jpg

and 6000/600 on the single hitch.
http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Ball_Mo ... Mount.aspx

I use the double on the front of my van for manuvering the boat/trailer into tight quarters.
IMG_2419.jpg

BradV":2uw4wdew said:
Can you get them rated up to 12000#?

I would think that any well stocked trailer dealer could get you a Class V receiver to match your Class V hitch.
The receiver most probably would be solid steel, rather than tubular though.

Just seen this bow trailer ladder set up on the web. Anyone know make or dimensions. Seems I could tie off temp then climb down and hook the bow for solo loading.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-142725_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-142725_Facebook.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 81
Is the problem that your ramp is at too shallow of an angle. I once launched at a private ramp in SF bay where I barely had a foot of water at the transom with the rims almost in the water. A different ramp took care of everything.

Is the problem that your ramp is at too shallow of an angle. I once launched at a private ramp in SF bay where I barely had a foot of water at the transom with the rims almost in the water. A different ramp took care of everything.
People launching in Key Largo. I have seen even worse

Attachments

• 20180610_104843.jpg
    20180610_104843.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
Just seen this bow trailer ladder set up on the web. Anyone know make or dimensions. Seems I could tie off temp then climb down and hook the bow for solo loading.
I made my own bow ladder set up similar to the one shown so that I could launch solo or when boating with wife only specifically to be able to launch from one ramp.
After friend slipped from similar setup on his boat trailer and almost killed himself because at a ramp everything gets wet, I removed my ladder and reserve the use of this one ramp when my son or another experienced boater is with me.

a good bow ladder will change everything and make solo launching very simple.

i had sport trail fabricate a bolt on for my 2501 trailer.

Attachments

• A84E2BAB-F44E-4FA6-B058-F87382B08830.jpeg
    A84E2BAB-F44E-4FA6-B058-F87382B08830.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
I have a 2320 and I tow a bunk trailer with an F250 4x.

Drive-on is pretty easy with this set-up, bumper/axle/brakes never in the water.

I back down until the front bunks are just wet. Run the boat up until it contacts the front roller (at the winch post). Then I walk forward and hope down to the main rail of the trailer (spare tire is mounted such that it makes a great step), and winch it up snug.

Then I pull out, feet dry (unless I am single handing).

Hope this helps.
Basically what I do. You can read all you want about it, which does help give you an idea, but you need to practice it. I used to dunk my trailer deep as well and would winch it up snug but then the boat would be off the bow rest when I got it off the ramp. Then I would have to drive the truck a short distance and brake hard to slide it up to the bow rest. I have bunks but I do have the big carpeted V catch for my bow rest which is much easier and forgiving then lining up to a smaller roller

No need for a ladder on mine. I installed a storage box to hold trailer parts, ect. Step over the bow rail, first step on top of the winch post, second step on the storage box, done.

Attachments

• TRAILER.jpg
    TRAILER.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 37
I only launch and recover my boat once a year...I try and do it at high tide...usually by myself....another thing you may want to look into is a longer trailer tongue...good luck with your reasearch

Latest posts

Back