Boat Lift question for 2320 - flat bunks ok?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorcher

Reaction score
Does any keep your 2320 on a lift and use flat bunks instead of having them angled?

I had my lift changed out over the winter and the guy that installed it said it was not a problem. My concern is with the Deep Vee of the 2320 meeting up with a 90 degree edge of the bunk instead of angled edge and whether this causes issues with the hull? Now that I am getting ready to bring the boat home I am second guessing myself.

Thoughts?

Here's a pic of my bunks for my 2520, 4x6's mounted on steel beams. I would think you should be fine. they are suppose to be set up so they fit right inside of the chines. Most of the lift manufacturer have the right dimensions for the spread on each boat, I would imagine your installer has them correct as long as you gave him the make and model of your boat.

Attachments

• IMAG1448.jpg
    IMAG1448.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 162
  • lift2.jpg
    lift2.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 162
It would take one cut on a table saw to make those the proper angle. It's much better to have more surface area than point-loading the hull on the corners of a 2x4.

Set up square cut bunks to fit under square lifting strakes,
just like a trailer.

Latest posts

Back