Bottom paint

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwp48

Reaction score
Any advise on what kind of bottom paint to use on the Armstrong bracket? We store in the water for the season and the bottom is painted with an ablative paint. But the anti fouling paint on the bottom of the bracket is pretty well shot. Same for the trim tabs.
What say the group?

This is what I recently used.
411f77203c767d511e1a34730e3c9a82.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ultimately you want Trilux, as mentioned as it is made for aluminum hulls. You DO NOT want anything with copper in it unless you know for sure the original Epoxy coating is intact. If your zinc on the bracket corrodes excessively the tub (In the water Part) of the bracket should be stripped and re-epoxied. I've used the same cheap ass West Marine CCP for the last 14 years here in Maryland and love it! No build up, minimal sanding once a year, then a single coat to keep the thickness for the season as it is ablative and wears as the boat moves. On the transom bracket, I sand carefully and by hand, and it gets a light coat.
Hope this help!

If the bracket has a copper paint on it take it down to clean metal, prime with an epoxy primer like Interlux 2000/2001 and paint it with Trilux. Micron is loaded with copper and can eat away at the bracket.

Back