Bracket question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wejohns

Reaction score
I currently have a single engine bracket on my 2004 2520, but would really like to go with twins. Unless I can find a used one in good shape I am going to build the bracket myself, since the cost of an Armstrong dual engine bracket is $4500. My question, is Armstrong the only manufacturer of the brackets used on a Parker?

The answer is No..... They are not the only manufacture.

A observation I've had.......... A 18in tub is way to narrow for a large outboard, but Parker gets away with it due to the 9 1/2ft beam and the flotation withing that.

If you too the same bracket and put the same motor on it, but put it on a narrower beam the boat would sit lower in the water at rest.

Here's a older list..... Some may not be in business any longer.

Dang! I use to have a list on Classic Mako..... Someone in their infinite wisdom has done away with it. :(

I used a company located in Florida called A&J welding. The person that installed the bracket is a Parker dealer and he said that my bracket is as good or better than the Armstrong bracket. The cost was about 60% of the Armstrong!

custommarinewelding.com

Before you paint or powdercoat the bracket you end up choosing.

Here is a suggestion that no manufacture does.

Do you see the 2 small holes 1/4in. one on each side?

Those are drain holes. It stops that puddle that always stays and collects dirt, because it can't drain.

100_4953_zpsc83e7f3a.jpg

windknotnc":vjm9ixwv said:
Are you a little worried about the extra weight with 2 engines?

No, I see plenty of Parkers with twin engines. The wide beams keeps it from sitting deep with two engines.

Back