Brass Scupper Replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2110 and replaced my brass cockpit scuppers today. One thing I learned during the install I have not seen written about is lubricating the bolt and that made the second install a lot easier.

It's 22 years old and I've been reading other's posts they last about 20 years and figured it was time. The boat was in storage all winter and everything was dry and after removing the old scuppers they did not appear to be leaking. Earlier this week I put on a couple of coats of penetrating epoxy on the plywood in the holes. I also puttied in a void so there was a good sealed surface inside the tubes for bedding.

I thought about the recommendations of using PVC pipe, but I did not have the tools to cut a new hole and you'd have locate any new hole precisely to match the floor height.

I used new brass tubes and the Moeller flanging tool, and at first it was really hard to use. Literally took all my strength to turn the bolt and collapse the flange. After I did the first one I thought this has to be easier to do. I lubricated the threads on the tool with some dry lubricant and the second one was much easier.

When using the flanging tool I found lubricating the threads made a huge difference and made it much easier turn the bolt and collapse the flange. At first I thought I was doing something wrong and the second one was much easier.

Back