Buddy heater in cab?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veiszb

Reaction score
Has anyone used a heater in the cabin? Like a buddy heater. For early spring and late fall fishing. Please let me know your thought

Yes I do on a regular basis. The portable buddy heater I believe. I always keep a window cracked just to be on the safe side. It heats the cabin nicely and the propane tank is usually good for a couple of trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you do decide to go this route I would highly recommend installing a battery power CO detector. Carbon Monoxide is a scary thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veiszb":3p87rudc said:
Thank you all for the help
I used the buddy heater for 15 years in the cabin. Works great. It will go out if it starts to rock n roll. I hang it from the hand rail with bungee cord. If you do go over a big wave - it will shut off the flame and gas. I found it very safe. I shut it off when I start fishing. It will warm up the cabin in 3 minutes.

Do it all the time. we keep it down low inside the cabin and never had an issue of it tipping over or problem with fumes.

You can see it glowing down in the cabin in this pic. Here is link to another thread too. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18020

Attachments

• Snow at slip.jpeg
    Snow at slip.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 45
I’ve used buddy heaters for years for both ice fishing and hunting and until last year totally trusted them. Last year while deer hunting in a blind I had a heater start acting up. For some reason the ceramic portion of the heater would stop burning and the gas valve would keep pumping out gas. There was a small area of the ceramic that must have been still ignited and it ignited the raw gas that was building up around it shooting a fireball towards the ceiling of my blind and almost blowing out the windows. So much for a relaxing and warm day of hunting. I’ve since been a bit skittish around propane heaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been using a Mr. Heater in my cabin for 15 years. Single small green propane bottle sized. I put it in front of pilothouse door sometimes and other times in v-berth footwell area. I only use it when I'm in the cabin, usually underway. I have solar exhaust fan on roof. No issues here.

I remember a while back, an old sage told me to make sure you use a reputable propane canister manufacturer for use in small appliances as the cheaper ones have too much wax content and will create problems over time.
Who is that reputable manufacturer is anybody's guess these days. :?

albiejunkie":2ficcfq6 said:
I remember a while back, an old sage told me to make sure you use a reputable propane canister manufacturer for use in small appliances as the cheaper ones have too much wax content and will create problems over time.
Who is that reputable manufacturer is anybody's guess these days. :?

I flip between Coleman and Ozark Trail (Walmart) and don't notice any different. Could be your right and reputable and disposable propane bottle products are two different things. But I have no issues with either on my heater or Weber Q grill.

Another Buddy Heater Fan here. They work great, total game changer on cold days. My use is day time fishing on cold days. I personally would not attempt to sleep with a heater like that in a closed cabin.

Mpellet":2pgy6r0x said:
Another Buddy Heater Fan here. They work great, total game changer on cold days. My use is day time fishing on cold days. I personally would not attempt to sleep with a heater like that in a closed cabin.
agreed

Latest posts

Back